+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your Food for Thoughts:

"People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves." -- Salma Hayek

No man can quench his thirst with sand, or with water from the Dead Sea; so no man can find rest from his own character, however good, or from his own acts, however religious.
    Horatius Bonar
    AJ

Success can take a long time to hatch, it takes perseverance to break out from a shell!
    AJ

you do not respond to anything directly but to your interpretation of it.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

“ It is as absurd to say that a man can't love one woman all the time as it is to say that a violinist needs several violins to play the same piece of music. ”

— Honore de Balzac
    AJ

"It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few." -- Pythagoras

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    AJ

"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine." -- John C. Maxwell

there are no shortcuts to any place worth going. Beverly Sills
    AJ

"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones." -- Benjamin Franklin

about time i make an entrance here
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

Looking at the full moon and getting lost in its beauty last week a thought hit me. I started making this observation between women's menstrual cycles and full moon cycles. I know from general knowledge that there is a full moon every 28 days or so? Then there is women's menses cycles which averages every 28 days. The Goddess. So whats the connection? Just an observation. The importance of bringers of life, mother nature, mother, the feminine=nature. Women=creators of life. Sounds like God is female to me Observing...

always observing life, nature...
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?
    G.K. Chesterton
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    Looking at the full moon and getting lost in its beauty last week a thought hit me. I started making this observation between women's menstrual cycles and full moon cycles. I know from general knowledge that there is a full moon every 28 days or so? Then there is women's menses cycles which averages every 28 days. The Goddess. So whats the connection? Just an observation. The importance of bringers of life, mother nature, mother, the feminine=nature. Women=creators of life. Sounds like God is female to me Observing...

always observing life, nature...
    lololol this ur observation will make patriarchal men not happy and akosua very happy ... lololol .....

but good observation .... the ying energy is an integral part of the ying-yang or everything is not .....

what is is.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    +1 .....

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lololol this ur observation will make patriarchal men not happy and akosua very happy ... lololol .....

but good observation .... the ying energy is an integral part of the ying-yang or everything is not .....
    Sometimes these thoughts just flood ur mind when in silence and still..

the patriarchs can eat a d.ick!

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    what is is.
    how many people understand that? BLEAK!

if you can't do great things, do small things in a great way!
    AJ

True friends know you're a good egg, even if you're a little cracked!
    AJ

We all live under the same sky, but we don't have the same horizon.
    AJ

life is all about ur energy frequency ....... how do u feel? are u following ur excitement???

Friday observation; a man in torn clothes, so dirty yellow & blue look like the new brown and black, his hair in locks, but he walks around smiling turning his head in all directions as if he's the architect who designed the city's tall buildings and admiring his talent. Then I look around him, the busy walk on by people with looks on their faces that hardly have expressions or game faced focused into their non existent realities into future time, either rushing for an appointment or slaving away. Something familiar to me during London rush hour. So I ponder, is the carefree smiling man the normal one or the zombie like figures running around with these grim facial expressions the mad ones? Observing..

Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't have the same horizon.
    aj, can you explain this this quote?

so i ask aj a question and all of a sudden this thread comes to a bloody halt? what kind of ................won't say anything...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information