+ Reply to Thread

Thread: African Music Awards 2010 Nominees

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default African Music Awards 2010 Nominees

Akon,Dizzee Rascal, Tinchy Stryder, SWAY, K'naan, P Square, Sarkodie, Radio & Weasel, D'Banj, Amr Diab, Tamer Hosny, Alikiba, Black Coffee, are some of the big names nominated to battle for this year's 02 African Music Awards (AMAs) Statuette.

The AMAs is Europe's premier annual awards ceremony for African musicians and music makers.

The main aim is to achieve mainstream recognition for big-selling African artists who have sold millions of records on the African market, yet remain underexposed to the Western world.

Music industry experts have tipped African music to "explode" onto the UK market, and the AMAs is there to provide a platform that would recognise their achievements annually.

This year's nominee application broke last year's record, a total of 2,325 applications were received over the two months submission period.

This year's voting is 100% by the general public, via the official 02 African Music Awards website and SMS. Voting will be activated between September 6 and October 10.

All winners will be announced at the awards on Friday October 15, at the Wembley Arena, London.

Speaking passionately, Eric McKaiser, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and founder, said, "The AMAs are changing the perception surrounding African music. We aim to bridge the gap between the West and African musicians."

Your exciting Chronicle Entertainment Train wishes to congratulate all the 2010 nominees, "and in our eyes, you are all winners".

The 2010 AMA nominees in which musicians from Ghana were nominated for, are as follows:

AFRICAN MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
    Breathe - D Black & Kwaku T; Fire Becca

BEST AFRICAN MALE ACT
    Nana Boroo

BEST AFRICAN FEMALE ACT
    Becca

BEST AFRICAN NEWCOMER
    Sarkodie; R2Bees

BEST AFRICAN COLLABORATION
    Fire - Becca & Samini Ghana
    Kiss Your Hands - R2Bees & Wande - Ghana & Nigeria

BEST AFRICAN GOSPEL MUSIC
    Sonnie Badu

BEST ARTIST WEST AFRICA
    Sarkodie

BEST UBAN ARTIST OF AFRICAN ORIGIN
    Dizzee Rascal - UK/Ghana/Nigeria
    Tinchy Stryder - UK/Ghana; SWAY - UK/Ghana

Source: The Ghanaian Chronicle
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

These artistes are raising the flag of Ghana high. Big Ups to them.

I like Becca and think she should win an award. If i knew her when she used to attend College in Croydon Uk, i would have chased her till thy kingdom come.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

She was looking but you never asked may be ? hehe
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Thumbs up

Nice, i guess with all these nominees it means we are on par with the continent now, i hope they all win

To Vote For Your Favorite artiste Click Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information