View Poll Results: Should The GFA Re-Sign Ratomir Dujkovic ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

3 75.00%
  • Undecided

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ratomir Dujkovic Wants A return To The Black Stars

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Ratomir Dujkovic Wants A return To The Black Stars

Former Black Stars coach Ratomir Dujkovic is ready for yet another romance with Ghana football after his compatriot Milovan Rajevac dribbled the Ghana Football Association to become the new coach of Saudi Arabian club side, Al-Ahly Jeddah, on Wednesday.

Ratomir Dujkovic

In a telephone interview with the Graphic Sports from his Serbia base yesterday, the man who guided Ghana to a historic FIFA World Cup berth four years ago expressed his readiness to return to Ghana to take over the reins of the Black Stars, stating he would “make the team stronger” if given the job.

“I have good memories of my stay in Ghana and wouldn’t mind returning because it is a good country and has a good team,” Dujkovic told the Graphic Sports.

He indicated the continuity factor — and perhaps the Serbian connection — will be a significant factor in the future success of the 2010 World Cup quarter-finalist.

“Ghana has done well during Milo and it will be very easy to form a strong team. Almost half of Milo’s team were my players and I know the new group because they were young and promising while I was in charge.”

Affectionately called Doya during his two-year reign, Dujkovic first expressed his desire for a comeback the very day Rajevac abandoned a proposed four-year contract extension with Ghana for a lucrative $4.5 million deal with the Jeddah side.

However, Serbian Dujkovic, who is currently unattached, said he would officially declare his intentions only when the GFA confirms Rajevac’s departure and declares the job vacant.

“I haven’t spoken to Kwesi Nyantakyi [GFA President] or any GFA official yet because I know they are in negotiations with Milo who is my friend.

If it is confirmed he has signed for a Saudi club as is being suggested, then it would be proper to talk to the GFA,” said Dujkovic, who had earlier restated his position in an interview with Adabraka-based Citi FM last Wednesday.

“Of course, everybody including me will like to be coach of the Black Stars because it will be good. But so far I have not received any offers from the GFA.”

Although the GFA is yet to comment on the latest twist on the Rajevac contract rigmarole after the Serbian was given a one-week ultimatum to declare his interest in an improved deal reportedly worth $3.5 million over four years, it will open the floodgates for the expression of interest by expatriate coaches attracted by an opportunity to take charge of Africa’s most successful side at the last two World Cup tournaments.

Rajevac had made public his desire to extend his contract with Ghana for which he reportedly signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the GFA, but left Mr Nyantakyi’s administration in limbo after putting on hold the finalisation of the contract during a meeting with the GFA in Swaziland moments after leading the Stars to a 3-0 victory over the Southern African side.

During his successful two-year stint, cool-headed Rajevac earned the respect of his employers and Ghanaians as a smooth operator and disciplinarian who took Ghana to the final of both the inaugural Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) last year and the 2010 Orange Africa Nations Cup in Angola, and guided the Stars to a record-equalling last eight at South Africa 2010.

His achievement and team-building efforts convinced the GFA to retain his services by improving his $45,000-a-month deal to four-year deal reportedly worth a whopping $65,000 a month plus a signing-on fee of $330,000.

However, a more lucrative deal worth over $100,000 a month with the two times Saudi Arabia champions proved irresistible for Rajevac to move to the commercial capital of Saudi Arabia.

Like his compatriot Milo, 64-year-old Doya took similar path four years ago after guiding Ghana to the second round of Germany 2006 by opting out of his contract with Ghana with five months remaining on his two-year deal.

The Serb opted to cash in on his newfound achievement and status by choosing a more lucrative deal with China’s Olympic team over a contract extension with Ghana.

Dujkovic was named as the head coach of Serbia’s under-21 football team with a task to qualify them for the 2011 European Under-21 Championship in Denmark. However, last month he tendered in his resignation a day afte his side lost 1-2 away to Slovakia in a qualifying match.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

For the sake of continuity,I will like for him to get the job rpovided he's not going to run like he did after the '06 WC.

BBoy T

He must be crazy to want a come back. Why did he leave in the first place ? The Black Stars job should be given to a local coach.How many times will these expatriate coaches fleeces us ?

I just heard the following have made their intentions known in regards to the vacant coaching position.

David Duncan,Bashiru Hayford and Herbert Addo.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

abeg duka want wetin.....

who born dog ..........

if them no go give am to local coach ...... them abeg a good well respectable coach...... because continuity is most likely out of the window once a new coach comes in...

anyways
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Humberto Cuelho of Portugal,Malick Jabir of Ghana and something Sackey a Ghanaian in the USA have all expressed their interest in the vacant Black Stars job.

They shouldn't give him the job considering he left after '06. What assurance do we have that he is not going to leave us in the lurch again?

Desailly says he's ready to step in as the Mangager of the Black Stars. Do you guys think he's ready for the job ?

Massa, i like Desailly paa. During the World cup i watched his commentary and must say, the amount of passion he threw behind us was amazing. He seemed really dedicated to his motherland... they should give him a try.
    Last edited by Neo; 21st September 2010 at 11:35 AM.

I admire his passion for the Black Stars however, we should'nt lose sight of the fact that being passionate,having played at the highest level and winning the world cup doesn't translate in to being a good manager. Well, if we gave Milo a shot why not Desailly too- right ?

Who knows he might be the shizzle in the Black Stars nizzle. hehe

Desailly will make a fine Black Stars coach. The boys will respect him for who he is and what he's achieved as a player. I'm hoping he gets the nod. I heard Humberto Cuelho is making a lot of noise but its definitley Odenke for me.

Italian Guiseppe Dossena has presented his CV to the GFA for the vacant Black Stars job. If you guys remember, Dosena was the former coach of Ghana's U-20's in the mid 90s. He is currently the coach of Ethiopian League Champs, St. George FC.

- Juande Ramos former coach of Real Madrid,Tottenham Hotspurs etc wants to coach the Black Stars among 49 other prospects.

Look how dem dey resh even ONE DAY Ramos wants to coach Black Stars.

BBoy T

Look how dem dey resh even ONE DAY Ramos wants to coach Black Stars.
    I got the humor now. Juande (one day) Ramos. very very funny.

Everyone of the vultures wants a piece of the pie.

Yaw Preko,Williams and Gianfranco Zola have also applied for the BS job making the number of applicants 60 thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Yaw Preko,Williams and Gianfranco Zola have also applied for the BS job making the number of applicants 60 thus far.
    eiiiiiiiiiiiiii ....... hmm lets see wetin the GFA go do this time
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

The latest big name to be linked with the job is Brazil's World Cup winning coach Luis Filipe Scolari.

The man who also took Portugal to the semi-final of the 2006 World Cup has 'applied to coach Ghana' according to some reports.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information