Eighteen-year-old Ghanaian midfielder, Mohammed Abu, has realised the dream of a lifetime. The youngster has been dream of signed on by English Premiership side, Manchester City.

However, Manchester City has loaned the promising Abu to Norwegian side, Stromsgodset, until the end of June 2011 so his talent could be honed further.

This was confirmed on the English club’s website last week.

The dynamic, tough-tackling midfielder was developed by the Right to Dream Academy at Old Akradi in Ghana, and also featured for the Elite Development side in three pre-season games before being spotted by the club's recruitment network while playing for Sporting Club Accra.

Stromsgodset's sporting director is former Norway and Sheffield United striker, Jostein Flo, and Abu will now play for the Norwegian Premier League club in the town of Drammen, just outside Oslo.

“I am so very happy. To sign for one of the top clubs in the world is just a dream come true. When I told my father he was very excited.

I have so many people to thank, including Alakosso FC in Sunyani; the Right to Dream Academy who gave me the opportunity to realise my dream, and finally the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana for supporting all young Ghanaian footballers.

“I will now work hard to justify everyone’s faith in me”, an elated Abu said.

Right to Dream Academy Manager, Andy Farrant, said: “We believe all our boys have great potential, but as Abu continued to develop we felt certain he would be one of the fortunate ones to make his mark on the world as a professional footballer. This step in his career will be celebrated by all his friends at the Academy and we wish him continued success.”

Right to Dream, in partnership with Vodafone, has been giving talented but impoverished youngsters five-year sponsorship deals in developing their educational and leadership skills, alongside their sporting abilities.