+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homosexuality and the Bible

hahhaahaa, what is going on now? loool
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    hahhaahaa, what is going on now? loool
    lololol now u dey ask????? no be u dey fan coal pot with pa-pa for here??? lololol

ps: nice sig .... true say eckhart tolle
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 10th September 2011 at 02:54 AM.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by ® Lady √ Macbeth © View Post
    The fact that God watched them performed slavery practices without even saying specifically that they ought to NEVER ENSLAVED anyone does not warrants you or anyone else to say that God condoned the practice.
    "Spectacularly Mind-Boggling"

1. You agree to the fact that God watched them perform slavery practices.

2. The Biblical verses i quoted earlier are incontrovertible evidence (from the Bible) that God gave them instructions on how to carry out such slavery practices.

And you still don't get it that God condoned slavery? tsk tsk tsk

Your literary chicanery and truth-dodging gymnastics are unprecedented in the annals of polemic history.

I am officially a fan. I need your autograph please.
    Agent Provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lololol now u dey ask????? no be u dey fan coal pot with pa-pa for here??? lololol

ps: nice sig .... true say eckhart tolle
    yeah that's Eckhart for you. You haven't read New Earth yet, have you?

lol, the thread has turned into a dictionary that's why Im asking. Mac never wants to go down even when its right there, she will defend until her blood evaporates.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxiang View Post
    "Spectacularly Mind-Boggling"

1. You agree to the fact that God watched them perform slavery practices.

2. The Biblical verses i quoted earlier are incontrovertible evidence (from the Bible) that God gave them instructions on how to carry out such slavery practices.

And you still don't get it that God condoned slavery? tsk tsk tsk

Your literary chicanery and truth-dodging gymnastics are unprecedented in the annals of polemic history.

I am officially a fan. I need your autograph please.
    it is called denial and more, 'cognitive dissonance'. You try as best as you can to defend something even though you know your defense is weak and almost out. Mac could have stayed away from the OT god but she went ahead defending him and turning this place into a dictionary, meanwhile condoning is not what it really is, its about ordering all that wickedness to be done. Some Christians simply keep quiet when it comes to Yahweh and his temper, baby killing, homophobic, rapist etc etc instructions in the OT, but Mac to my surprise is al out in defense..

I'm waiting for a friend who has personal beef with Yahweh to come here...

it is called denial and more, 'cognitive dissonance'. You try as best as you can to defend something even though you know your defense is weak and almost out. Mac could have stayed away from the OT god but she went ahead defending him and turning this place into a dictionary, meanwhile condoning is not what it really is, its about ordering all that wickedness to be done. Some Christians simply keep quiet when it comes to Yahweh and his temper, baby killing, homophobic, rapist etc etc instructions in the OT, but Mac to my surprise is al out in defense..

I'm waiting for a friend who has personal beef with Yahweh to come here...

Well said bro.
    Agent Provocateur

Akosua

One article abt Homosexuality has turned into lessons of English words and pronunciations. The nerds have taken over!!! Monfa enfri y3n so wai

Quote Originally Posted by Akosua View Post
    One article abt Homosexuality has turned into lessons of English words and pronunciations. The nerds have taken over!!! Monfa enfri y3n so wai
    Akos nso woy3 mafia oo. hahahahaa

Akosua

Hahahaha! Na me boa

lololololololololol .....

ka ne ka biom akose lololol

Akosua

ka ne ka biom akose lololol
    Hahahahaa!! Brofo ak3se3 ne mu definitions. hmmm

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Akosuadinho welcome to the freak show
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Akosua

Quote Originally Posted by pope bitterz d'alomo View Post
    akosuadinho welcome to the freak show :d :d :d
    lmaoooooo!!

Sis you know see nothing yet....they go come write thesis for you soon.......yaaa na hi....mmttsseeww
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Sis you know see nothing yet....they go come write thesis for you soon.......yaaa na hi....mmttsseeww
    lolololol who types thesis on here ..... stop being lazy and read small mama mech ...

lolololol who types thesis on here ..... stop being lazy and read small mama mech ...
    Fri me so ..if I want read thesis...I would go to the library......this no be laziness matter wai......mmttsseewwwww
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different

I wonder with the translation of the Bible into Ghana languages, could it be possible that this what made it so easy for some to engage and profit in the slave trade with Europeans n Arabs.....this is really blowing my mind to smithereens
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    BIBLE VERSES CONDONING SLAVERY

Exodus 21:1-4 "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself."

Deuteronomy 15:12-18 "And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee.And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: Thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the Lord thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him."

Exodus 21:7 "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

Exodus 21:20-21 "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."

Exodus 21:26-27 "And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake. And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake."

Female captives are considered spoils of war.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her."

Deuteronomy 20:14 "But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself"

What more evidence do you need to be convinced that the Bible condones slavery Lady Mac?

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Thanks for posting Akosua... i can honestly say this boils down to humour......we are such a twoFaced race at times its like even animals can teach us humans more about honor. Smh....i remember a good friend of mine encouraged me to buy a doc laura book in undergrad so i did and was shocked cuz i thought my friend was independent like me....i never questioned her but i ended up just gifting the book to my mum i think cuz she love that type of books. To cuta long story short this friend who recommended dr laura for me ten yrs ago is now in a committed relationship with another woman:× just goes to show this dr laura thinks she is raising an army of Heterosexual people but she is so backwards and does not yeild they way she teaches women to yeild. It is all money....thank God she is no longer on regilar radio cuz she quit aftr a racial banter calling a black caller the N word. I think dr laura never responded to her doctor peer hehe good for him cuz very few have been able to shutdown that show
    Ever get tired of people throwing Bible verses at you, and using religion as an excuse for condemning homosexuality? Well, this is something I came across many years ago, and I still laugh every time I read it.

On her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

=============

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan.

James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus Dept. of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Akosua

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    Thanks for posting Akosua... i can honestly say this boils down to humour......we are such a twoFaced race at times its like even animals can teach us humans more about honor. Smh....i remember a good friend of mine encouraged me to buy a doc laura book in undergrad so i did and was shocked cuz i thought my friend was independent like me....i never questioned her but i ended up just gifting the book to my mum i think cuz she love that type of books. To cuta long story short this friend who recommended dr laura for me ten yrs ago is now in a committed relationship with another woman:× just goes to show this dr laura thinks she is raising an army of Heterosexual people but she is so backwards and does not yeild they way she teaches women to yeild. It is all money....thank God she is no longer on regilar radio cuz she quit aftr a racial banter calling a black caller the N word. I think dr laura never responded to her doctor peer hehe good for him cuz very few have been able to shutdown that show

Well said, sis!

Akosua

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post

3h Nwanwa s3

Enemy of progress. Mtchewwww

Quote Originally Posted by ® Lady √ Macbeth © View Post
    I knew someone would have come in with the definition argument, which is why I refused to post the definition. But it still does not prove that God condoned slavery!!!

Encarta College Dictionary

Condone- To regard something that is considered immoral or wrong in a tolerant way, without critizing it or feeling strongly about it

Merriam Dictionary

con·done verb \kən-ˈdōn\
    con·donedcon·don·ing

Definition of CONDONE

transitive verb
    : to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless <a government accused of condoning racism> <condone corruption in politics>
    — con·don·able \-ˈdō-nə-bəl\ adjective
    — con·don·er noun
    See condone defined for English-language learners »
    See condone defined for kids »

Examples of CONDONE
    a government that has been accused of condoning racism
    <he is too quick to condone his friend's faults>
    “I don't condone violence, and I think ‘gangsta rap’ should be outlawed,” says [designer Tommy] Hilfiger … —Joshua Levine, Forbes, 21 Apr. 1997
    Without waiting for Momma's thanks, he rode out of the yard, sure that things were as they should be and that he was a gentle squire, saving those deserving serfs from the laws of the land, which he condoned. —Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, 1969

And then she told him all—told him the truth word by word, without attempting to shield herself or condone her error. —Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan of the Apes, 1912
    [+]more

if   /ɪf/ Show Spelled[if] Show IPA
    conjunction

1. in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that: Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.
    2. even though: an enthusiastic if small audience.
    3. whether: He asked if I knew Spanish.
    4. (used to introduce an exclamatory phrase): If only Dad could see me now!
    5. when or whenever: If it was raining, we had to play inside

Who can tell one's feelings without it being told? "If" is a conjunction and it does not encourage anyone to enslave anyone. The fact that God watched them performed slavery practices without even saying specifically that they ought to NEVER ENSLAVED anyone does not warrants you or anyone else to say that God condoned the practice. Basic understanding of the context shows that God DOES NOT condone slavery. Slavery back then to slavery now is two different things and still it was not condoned. Do you condone the death of anyone be it by ailment or unfortunate encounters that result in death? You know death is a fact of life that is inevitable, but it does not mean that you condone it because you never did anything or even expressed your feelings about it. He coped with the problems of slavery and NOT condoned it. Being still on a matter that is immoral does not mean one condones it, trying to set fairness and justice in the midst of a problem does not mean one condones the problem.

In order for you or anyone to know my feelings on any given matter I must verbalize it so it may be known, but one cannot just think my assistance to deal with the mess is my way of condoning it. I can help to nurse a thief's broken leg while he is trapped in his victim's home and still I am not condoning what he did. In every rule there are exceptions and English language is a tough language but it is also legible.

You know I am grateful to all parents who still help their children even in their mess and God does just that. He goes down and helps us irrespective of how it might look to others.

I am anything but a shallow minded person who looks at the surface of any challenges to call it whatever it looks like and not what it actually is. If I see red I call it red once it is red and not vermilion!

A friend posted this on a forum. Whats your thoughts on this?

Akosua

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Enemy of progress. Mtchewwww

Fri me so. If you want to write thesis ko school wai. This is not the arena for your abrofos3m

Fri me so. If you want to write thesis ko school wai. This is not the arena for your abrofos3m
    Thread hijacker!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information