+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Udinese's New Boy Richard Boateng Seeks To make an early Impact

Default Udinese's New Boy Richard Boateng Seeks To make an early Impact

Udinese’s new Ghanaian signing Richard Boateng is keen to adjust quickly to life outside the shores of Accra as he begins a new chapter in Italy.

Boateng who was signed from local side Liberty Professionals is the latest local player to join a growing band of Ghanaian players to hone their skills with Italy's Udinese.

Following in the footsteps of Mohammed Gargo, Stephen Appiah, Sulley Muntari, Asamoah Gyan, Kwadwo Asamoah and lately Agyeman-Badu, the 18 year-old midfielder is hoping to come good just like his fellow nationals.

“Yes, lots of Ghanaians have passed through the same system here [Udinese] and have become better and world class players.

“I hope my development programme goes well. And I hope to put in lots of hard work to justify Udinese’s spending on me,’’ Boateng told Ghana Football.

Boateng who is set for a season’s loan spell at Granada, a second division side in Spain is confident making the grade with Udinese.

A move to Spain will bring him closer to his family as his senior brother Derek Boateng plies his trade in the La Liga with Getafe. Richard’s brother has seen it all in his chequered career but the youngster is ready to strut it himself and bid his time.

“He [Derek Boateng] has seen it all having played at the top level. I will take lessons from him and draw inspiration from him and all other Ghanaian players. But it all depends on me. I will have to be serious and apply whatever I’m being instructed to do. I don’t think I’m under pressure because of my brother’s status. It would only serve to motivate me to work harder.”

Source: Ghanafa.org

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Never heard of this kid. Looks like Udinese is every Ghanaian player's first stop. I hope he sees some action.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information