+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Christianity Discriminatory ?

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Is Christianity Discriminatory ?

They say the Bible says "Do not be unequally yoked" so if I practice any other religion apart from Christianity does that prevent me from dating or marrying a Christian ?

Shouldn't the ideal quote be "Be unequally yoke" if Christianity is in deed about peace,unity and equality ? Or am i missing something ?
    Where lies the sense in propagating the gospel among Christians if you don't have be yoked unequally. Didn't the same Bible say "Go into the world and preach the gospel" or is the world in context referring to the Christian world only ?

I'm i seeing a dichotomy of the one and many ?
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 26th August 2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

BBoy T

Where are the Osofos to tackle this topic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    They say the Bible says "Do not be unequally yoked" so if I practice any other religion apart from Christianity does that prevent me from dating or marrying a Christian ?

Shouldn't the ideal quote be "Be unequally yoke" if Christianity is in deed about peace,unity and equality ? Or am i missing something ?
    Where lies the sense in propagating the gospel among Christians if you don't have be yoked unequally. Didn't the same Bible say "Go into the world and preach the gospel" or is the world in context referring to the Christian world only ?

I'm i seeing a dichotomy of the one and many ?
    Pope the Bible also says we have the right to do all things but not all of these things are good for us. Yes we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers thats what the bible says, we can share the word of God with them, encourage and help for them to experience the Love of God we enjoy but not everything we want to do with them will be good for us even though it may seem right.

Each religion has their own form of rules and ways of worship which differ from each other and hence how do you bridge that when two people from different religions are dating. Even within the Christian circles, there are various denominations with their own sets of doctrines which even poses problems for those who decide to date across those denominational lines.Marriage which usually is the ultimate of dating another person is a life long union that needs both parties involved to be on the same level, so if our religious differences doesn't allow us to be on the same level........we already starting on a wrong foot.

Yes Christianity preaches peace and unity but how do u unite two things that are not equal and dont fit together (try fixing together a round and square object).
    Let me ask this, if you are say a Moslem is deciding to date a Christian and hopefully get married.....are they going to go worship in our separate ways and what about the children they have?

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Yes we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers thats what the bible says, we can share the word of God with them, encourage and help for them to experience the Love of God we enjoy but not everything we want to do with them will be good for us even though it may seem right.
    So then, if you are not to be unequally yoked with the so called unbelievers,who are you expecting to make believers out of the unbeliever for the believers to get equally yoked to ? I smell discrimination written all over here. Shouldn't Christianity in all facets be like an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER when it comes to courtship ?
    Each religion has their own form of rules and ways of worship which differ from each other and hence how do you bridge that when two people from different religions are dating. Even within the Christian circles, .......
    With the many christian denominations out there professing to be followers of Jesus,yet divided, how many Jesus' are there and why can't they unite so we can get unequally yoked in the process of unifying the body of Christ as the gospel is propagated ?
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 28th August 2010 at 07:02 AM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

well discriminatory is a harsh word i will say ....... but i will also say that christianity is saturated with distortions ..... and also with many subtle would be contradictions which are not contradictions at all, just showing another way ..... jesus on the beatitudes contradicted the religious life style of the jews at that time...... in fact, most of the teachings of jesus contradicted the energy that the religion of the jews was engulf in.....that is one of the main reason why they killed him(following the jesus timeline in the bible and assuming the timeline is accurate)......

now back to ur quote ... i believe paul said that to a church ...... the epistles of paul are to be read with great discernment, in context and seeing the whole picture of that epistle ......... paul wrote letters to specifc individual churches addressing that specific church according to the unique problem that was reported to me .....

the powerful first hand experiences of which the words of the bible attempt to described is lost in the words..... relying too much on words which are unreliable by their nature and heavily susceptible to manipulations, distortions and omissions is something everybody are to take into account .......
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

The Bible has so many contradictions, confusion no aye basaa. cutie well put but i am with pope on this one.

bump

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information