Ghana’s rising star Andre Ayew has a dream of becoming captain of the Black Stars in future, but insists that it is not a priority at the moment.

The Olympique Marseille midfielder told TV3 that winning laurels for his country is his immediate concern.The charismatic left-footed starlet is one of the most committed players in the national side and has the potential to wear the captain’s armband in the coming years.

"For me personally it is true, a lot of people believe that one day I will captain Ghana, but that is not my main aim,” Dede said. “It is to win trophies. We are Ghana and need to win trophies. Nobody remembers we were in the final of the 2010 Nations Cup and it hurts me."

The 21-year-old successfully led a new generation of future Black Stars players to conquer Africa and the world in the 2009 youth championships. He believes that feat is likely to be replicated with the senior side in the near future.

"After captaining the Under-20 side to Africa and the World Cup it will be a dream for me to captain the Black Stars. It's a dream that if God wants will come true.

“It's not something that I want at all cost. I want to win trophies with Ghana; that is the most important thing. Whether as captain or not captain I want trophies. Since 1982 Ghana has not won anything and that is my goal. With the young squad that has won so much I think we can do it."

goal.com