+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Becca to Star in New Movie

Default Becca to Star in New Movie

U.S-based top Ghanaian director, Leila Djansi is planning to cast Afro pop musician, Becca for her next movie titled Tulips - her third production in Ghana.

The director of AMAA winner “I Sing of a Well” and yet-to-be released “Sinking Sands”, which stars Hollywood actor Jimmy Jean and Ama K Abebrese, announced last year she would be shooting a trilogy starting with “I Sing of a Well”.

As she awaits the October release of Sinking Sands, she is already eyeing sweet singer, Becca (Daa Ke Daa)” as her ultimate lead in her upcoming movie, “Tulips”. According to a source close to Laila, the director “has seen the perfect character in Becca”.

The source, who was certain Becca would land the role also revealed that Nollywood screen goddess Genevive Nnaji was initially considered for the same role. Shooting of Tulip begins early next year.

Becca's management confirmed the rumour when Hi Newspaper contacted Mr. Kiki Banson, her manager. “Leila contacted us some time ago for the said role. We have agreed in principle on the terms of the contract and would shoot the movie when Leila indicates her readiness”, he said.

Becca's first taste of the movie industry was in 2007 when she starred as Cameroonian footballer, Samuel Eto Fils's girlfriend in the footballer's biography.

Source: Hi Newspaper

I hope she does well.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Leila Djansi on the rise. Kudos to the sister,with what i have seen of Becca in her videos,i think she'll come good in movies.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information