Boxing ‘professor’ Azumah Nelson says while he regrets his public outbursts at boxing coach, Napoleon Tagoe, he is still committed to projects intended to develop local boxing.

He has consequently pledged every support for WBO Africa super featherweight champion, Emmanuel Tagoe, in a project the legend believes will eventually land the boxer a world title.

“Boxing has been my life, and I will continue to play whatever role and offer whatever services required of me to develop the sport locally and raise world champions for Ghana,” Azumah told Graphic Sports in an interview.

Days after training Tagoe to annex the WBO Africa super-featherweight title at the Ohene Djan Stadium in Accra on July 31, Azumah has been accused of snatching the best chicks from fellow former boxer, Napoleon Tagoe, who has threatened court action as the next line of action to exact justice.

“(Emmanuel) Tagoe belongs to me, and not Azumah. I will not allow him to take what I have sweated to build from me,” Napoleon Tagoe who runs the Will Power Boxing Gym in Accra told Graphic Sports.

“It is people like us who have invested our little resources into the sport who deserve encouragement and honour, and not personalities.

“I have committed so much into boxing development locally because I love the sport. What has Azumah contributed in spite of the money he made and the fame he got?” he asked.

The verbal jabs began at a casual meeting between the two at the Prisons Canteen at Cantonments in Accra where standers-by, including some media personnel, were treated to a free show of abusive words. The two had gone there to watch Greater Accra Amateur Boxing championship.

According to Azumah who is the technical director of the Ghana Boxing Authority, Emmanuel Tagoe and his manager, one Kotei Neequaye, approached him that they would want to train at his Zoom Zoom Gym at Achimota.

“I have been offering training services to a lot of boxers, including the Burkinabe amateur national team, so I agreed.

“But the two have since washed their linen in public in the most bizarre fashion, with name-calling that has put them on the wrong side of the spotlight,” the boxing legend said.