+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Father Dead.. Online relationship scam

Default A Father Dead.. Online relationship scam

Yonkers, NY (WABC) — A New York father is dead and his family believes it’s all because he was sucked into an international romance and money scheme (419), causing him to lose everything and even steal from relatives.

“I saw him sitting in a chair with a bullet in his head,” Peter Circelli said.

Circelli believes his father, Al, felt he had no way out, committing suicide in the living room of his Yonkers home after realizing a romance to riches fantasy he’d bought into was a scam.

It was only after Peter started going thru his father’s belongings that the son discovered his dad’s shocking secret, starting with a pile of western union money transfers to the country of Ghana, a notorious location for romance scams.

“They say Ghana, $300. Ghana, $200,” he explained. “We’ve added them all up and they come to the sum of $50,000.” On Circelli’s laptop, his son discovered email photos and messages supposedly from a woman calling herself Aisha, who promised to come here and start a new life, giving the divorced retired businessman a future and a fortune.

“She had money in a bank and was going to transfer the money to him,” Circelli said.

But first, she claimed she needed money transferred to her in Ghana via someone named Nulu Suleman for expenses. At some point, Al Circelli ran out of his own money, and started taking it from his son.

He took out credit cards in his son’s name and got advances. Peter’s credit is “above and beyond destroyed.”

Peter is a respected small business owner who runs a successful body shop and towing company in Englewood, New Jersey. He owns the home his father lived in, and just discovered his father had stopped making mortgage payments.

“This house is in foreclosure. I’m most likely going to lose this house,” he said. “It’s destroyed me. It’s destroyed my family.”

The day Al Circelli killed himself, he thought Aisha would be arriving on a Delta flight. She, of course, never showed up.

“What he did because of something like this, I can’t even imagine it,” Circelli said.

And in one final bizarre twist on Tuesday, Peter found a message on his dad’s laptop from Nulu Suleman saying Aisha, or Shanda, had killed herself — “blown her head off in Chicago.”

“It can’t be tracked. These people are like ghosts and the damage these people have caused, they shouldn’t be able to cause in other people’s lives,” Circelli said. “To see him go down like this, to think there are other families who might have to go through something like this, I have to open my mouth. I can’t hide no more.”

Watch News Video
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7617860
    Last edited by The Informer; 19th August 2010 at 02:42 PM.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Hmm caught this story on the news lastnight. This is so sad.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Ghanians just like to use this online romance thing just to hurt pple. and it is always the men that pretend to be women. i hate the fact that pple will just not be honest to pple they meet online. we all want to play smart but it can hurt someone really bad. The fact that you think it is a game u are playing, doesnt mean someone is not being hurt. if i were the dead man, i will pray to God to let my ghost hunt this Nulu guy and also he shd have the same thing happen to him. ahhhhhh this is becomin too much.

Honesty is something i have possessed for a long time and have always tot of makin the other person happy before me but after i started chattin online, i am losin this characteristic i have just bcos i have had pple always tellin lies and just on a mission to hurt pple online. The fact is, DONT TRUST NO ONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME TILL U REALIZE THE PERSON IS TO BE TRUSTED.

I wish i could stopchattin online but i liike to meet knew pple just that there are some devils out there. so my friends watch out.

Some of these stories, make you ask yourself if some people even have conscience at all. These things happening day in and day out, casting a dark shadow on our beloved nation just for the selfish gain of a few people.

I sometimes also wonder what happens to people who are being scammed.....I can't tell though but it sounds quite fishy and suspicious for you to tell me that you are transferring over some money to me but you will still need money from me to make this transfer......eeerrrmmmm why cant you use part of the money you are sending to me for the expenses? Does it really make any sense?
    Anyways, things and lengths people can go for me I just wonder... condolences to the man's family...its really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Some of these stories, make you ask yourself if some people even have conscience at all. These things happening day in and day out, casting a dark shadow on our beloved nation just for the selfish gain of a few people.

I sometimes also wonder what happens to people who are being scammed.....I can't tell though but it sounds quite fishy and suspicious for you to tell me that you are transferring over some money to me but you will still need money from me to make this transfer......eeerrrmmmm why cant you use part of the money you are sending to me for the expenses? Does it really make any sense?
    Anyways, things and lengths people can go for me I just wonder... condolences to the man's family...its really sad.
    exactly cutie ..... those who fall for these scams are partly responsible too.......
    There are red flags everywhere but i guess the psychological power money has over them clouds these this ..... anyways we all learn from our experience or even indirectly from others experience ..... the son must stay strong and match on for life works in mysterious ways
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 21st August 2010 at 02:06 AM.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    Ghanians just like to use this online romance thing just to hurt pple. and it is always the men that pretend to be women. i hate the fact that pple will just not be honest to pple they meet online. we all want to play smart but it can hurt someone really bad. The fact that you think it is a game u are playing, doesnt mean someone is not being hurt. if i were the dead man, i will pray to God to let my ghost hunt this Nulu guy and also he shd have the same thing happen to him. ahhhhhh this is becomin too much.

Honesty is something i have possessed for a long time and have always tot of makin the other person happy before me but after i started chattin online, i am losin this characteristic i have just bcos i have had pple always tellin lies and just on a mission to hurt pple online. The fact is, DONT TRUST NO ONE FOR A VERY LONG TIME TILL U REALIZE THE PERSON IS TO BE TRUSTED.

I wish i could stopchattin online but i liike to meet knew pple just that there are some devils out there. so my friends watch out.
    chappati ...... this scamming thing is circular ....... im sure u are aware that the western world play a large part in the current predicament of Africa economically which breeds such behaviors in large quantities ..... but i hear u though ......
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Trust me with all these going-ons, people will still fall for this crap. USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD is all i have to say.
    The news is flooding with stories like these yet HUMAN FUCKING beings will behave like goats and fall for it. My sympathy to the victim's family.

the western world play a large part in the current predicament of Africa economically which breeds such behaviors in large quantities .....
    So true Quophi.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    Trust me with all these going-ons, people will still fall for this crap. USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD is all i have to say.
    The news is flooding with stories like these yet HUMAN FUCKING beings will behave like goats and fall for it. My sympathy to the victim's family.
    Mega you hit the nail right there on the head......this is dumb..

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

The oldman wanted to get his groove on with a Nubian queen, unfortunately he got screwed where the sun don't shine.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information