+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Is it rude to ask a women how old she is?

  1. #1

    Default Is it rude to ask a women how old she is?

    If its rude to ask a women how old she is then shouldn't it also be rude to ask a man what he does for a living?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    It's not rude to ask a woman's age neither is it rude to ask what a man does for a living. You see, it all boils down to how you ask. One thing i have come to realise is that most women find it "offensive" for a man to be poignant in asking their age even before he got to familiarizing himself with her or breaking the ice for that matter- and i understand them getting peeved about the subject perfectly.

    Some men will head for the ASL routine (Age,Sex and Location) in regards to cyber conversations,without first laying down the foundation for a cordial convo.

    If only both men and women will be courteous for starters;tell eachother about yourselves, throw in some humor,be witty and not goofy,then ask whatever question,both parties will come out satisfied with the answers they extract from eachother. However i must add, women LIE about everything so FELLAS be careful about what you percieve as the truth.(ladies please don't come charging at me with your pitchforks and blazing red horns, i'm just saying)
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 18th August 2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  3. #3

    Default

    I think some woman think its ok to ask a man his line of business but gets offended when he ask her for her age..And women dont make jokes before they ask a man were he works, They be quick and swift.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    It's not rude to ask a woman's age neither is it rude to ask what a man does for a living. You see, it all boils down to how you ask. One thing i have come to realise is that most women find it "offensive" for a man to be poignant in asking their age even before he got to familiarizing himself with her or breaking the ice for that matter- and i understand them getting peeved about the subject perfectly.

    Some men will head for the ASL routine (Age,Sex and Location) in regards to cyber conversations,without first laying down the foundation for a cordial convo.

    If only both men and women will be courteous for starters;tell eachother about yourselves, throw in some humor,be witty and not goofy,then ask whatever question,both parties will come out satisfied with the answers they extract from eachother
    .
    Pope,
    You couldn't have said it any better. The ASL regimen seems to be the line of conversation of most guys and I have been in a couple of chat rooms to realize this. Talking from experience, its the most annoying thing ever.....Their usual line is Hi..How r u? ASL please.......I go like WTH.....I aint here to distribute my info..if I wanted to do that I would have, u dont have to know my personal details before you decide to chat with me. I could create any profile for you because you dont know me and there is no way for you to verify unless you get close to me but the whole idea just ticks me off..........I am imagining the kind of pick up lines such guys have in real life situations? Some guys dont even get the chance to talk to some ladies because their approaches are to say the least horrible.

    However i must add, women LIE about everything so FELLAS be careful about what you percieve as the truth.(ladies please don't come charging at me with your pitchforks and blazing red horns, i'm just saying)
    Pope ..looooooool I aint gonna lie, I agree with you...there is no way I'm giving out my real personal details to someone I dont know, even in real life so how much more online. Until I get to establish a kind of relationship with you spanning over some time and realize from talking to you that you are someone I would like to know much better, I wont do that.....lets just say its lessons learnt the hard way.
    On the other hand, guys LIE too so i guess the sword cuts both ways.
    Last edited by CuTiEbABy; 18th August 2010 at 06:21 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    I agree with pope. Women LIE tooooooo much. Blackshaft, if you ask their age and they think it's rude, don't telll them anything about yourself after all hand go hand come abi ? lol

    chalay, true though, some men are spoiling it for the rest of us with their lame game...haaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  6. #6

    Default

    it sadly is ...... anyways all this has to do with social conditions and the unnecessary negative baggage surrounding aging and the social circles imposed on especially women
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    I agree with pope. Women LIE tooooooo much. Blackshaft, if you ask their age and they think it's rude, don't telll them anything about yourself after all hand go hand come abi ? lol
    Mega, then we are back to square one....we all keep lying and withholding information and the cycle continues

    chalay, true though, some men are spoiling it for the rest of us with their lame game...haaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    What do you think you can do to help them.....because some guys have no game at all, their pick up lines are wack....loooooooooool

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    it sadly is ...... anyways all this has to do with social conditions and the unnecessary negative baggage surrounding aging and the social circles imposed on especially women
    Quophi it is true though. I am not bothered telling others how old I am but the way and manner I'll be asked will determine whether I'll share it or not. I always get the "ooh noo you cant be that old" verbage all the time but its all good...thank God for my looks but anywho....guys need to know how to seek information from ladies.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Mega, then we are back to square one....we all keep lying and withholding information and the cycle continues



    What do you think you can do to help them.....because some guys have no game at all, their pick up lines are wack....loooooooooool

    Women are the originators of lies. we learn from you. Men with no game ? sorry i can't help them. It's either you got it or you don't. haha

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    Women are the originators of lies. we learn from you. Men with no game ? sorry i can't help them. It's either you got it or you don't. haha
    Mega any prove of your assertion that women are the originators of lies?............waiting to hear about it......but if you dont I'm taking your ass down and trust me I will........... hehehehehehe

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Mega any prove of your assertion that women are the originators of lies?............waiting to hear about it......but if you dont I'm taking your ass down and trust me I will........... hehehehehehe
    lol thats eazy ..... according to the bible...... eve chop the apple first so ... lol

    ok i kid ......

    so mega any prove for ur "women are the originators of lies"?
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lol thats eazy ..... according to the bible...... eve chop the apple first so ... lol
    eeerrmmm Quophi which part of eating apples constitute lying???

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    eeerrmmm Quophi which part of eating apples constitute lying???
    lol ..... cutie i retract my earlier comments wai .......
    lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lol ..... cutie i retract my earlier comments wai .......
    lol
    wa waiiii 3nka wo b3 hu paaaa...........looooooool

  15. #15
    Bipolar neoxiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    If you think asking a lady's age is rude, try being accused of soliciting an underage girl. lol

  16. #16
    Neophyte APPLES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    uk (London)
    Posts
    17

    Default

    its not rude to ask a lady how old she is..........................blackshalf how old are you lol

  17. #17
    BBoy T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshaft View Post
    If its rude to ask a women how old she is then shouldn't it also be rude to ask a man what he does for a living?
    It's not rude to ask a woman's age. I will ask before i go any step further with any woman since some are babies posing as adults. If i ask a woman's age and she hesitates to tell me or gives me the you don't ask a woman her age thing, that tells me she is a child or she has something to hide.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBoy T View Post
    If i ask a woman's age and she hesitates to tell me or gives me the you don't ask a woman her age thing, that tells me she is a child or she has something to hide.
    BBoy T, I dont agree with you on this one.....yes indeed its not courteous for a gentleman to ask a lady her age (your mama is supposed to teach u that and if you dont know I just made you aware) and this doesn't mean I have something to hide if I dont wanna tell you my age.

  19. #19
    Bipolar Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,583

    Default

    Cutie, i respectfully disagree. I could understand if it were glaringly obvious that the woman may not be underage; Say a 35 year old woman. However, if they fall within the teens you always have to ask and i do not see that as rude at all. You could get into serious trouble dating someone underage here. To complicate an already complex situation, most underage girls actually look way older than their age.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Mega any prove of your assertion that women are the originators of lies?............waiting to hear about it......but if you dont I'm taking your ass down and trust me I will........... hehehehehehe

    a woman is likely to lie 60% of the time than a man would. Women are better liars than men and so will throw in a little fib here and there.
    Our mothers will lie to us with ---- n bull stories to bend us to their will. How about this one,Don't play with yourself or your ----- will fall off blah blah

    Imagine what Eve would have said had God asked her where she was in the garden of Eden. Our punishment would have not just been banishment...LOOOOOL

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    a woman is likely to lie 60% of the time than a man would. Women are better liars than men and so will throw in a little fib here and there.
    Our mothers will lie to us with ---- n bull stories to bend us to their will. How about this one,Don't play with yourself or your ----- will fall off blah blah

    Imagine what Eve would have said had God asked her where she was in the garden of Eden. Our punishment would have not just been banishment...LOOOOOL
    lol lol ... so true

    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  22. #22
    BBoy T
    Guest

    Default

    This is the funniest thing i've heard ever !

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    a woman is likely to lie 60% of the time than a man would. Women are better liars than men and so will throw in a little fib here and there.
    Our mothers will lie to us with ---- n bull stories to bend us to their will. How about this one,Don't play with yourself or your ----- will fall off blah blah

    Imagine what Eve would have said had God asked her where she was in the garden of Eden. Our punishment would have not just been banishment...LOOOOOL
    Mega you are still making assumptions here with no concrete proof.....you are basing your arguments on what you think is happening....I still dont see no proof and ooh yes God didn't ask Eve...he asked Adam and as usual because of his "MUMU" nature he failed the question of location.......and said he was naked.......looooooooool

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •