+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Pregnancy..........A good reason for marriage?

  1. #1

    Default Pregnancy..........A good reason for marriage?

    I have chanced on certain men who are of the opinion and belief that they need to sample the "produce" they intend to "purchase" making sure its worth the "price" before going ahead to do so. They want to be sure that the land they buy is potent and fruitful enough to reproduce enough so that their labor will not be in vain. That said, some men want to make sure that the ladies they marry can bear forth children and so will want to impregnate them first before going ahead with the marriage. They think that most of these ladies have had enough abortions with its own complications therefore rendering some of these women incapable of bringing forth. Once the lady takes seed, then they can proceed with the marriage

    Some women have realized that certain men are just scared of commitment, they will rather go through years and years of dating and not "put a ring on the finger" since they'll keep procrastinating till thy kingdom come. The ladies have also decided to hook these men and drag them into marriage by getting pregnant, since some of these guys will want to do good by the ladies.

    So I ask is pregnancy the right reason to get married?

    I know of a lot of instances where such situations happen but within a few years, divorce is staring right in their faces. Some are able to hang on for the sake of the children in the marriage but most others just let it go.........so I ask again what do u think? Is pregnancy a good reason for getting married?

  2. #2

    Default

    well cutie right and wrong are really subjective term ...... it differs from person to person ...... so pregnancy being a right reason to get married depends ....

    first we have to take the persons definition or how the person see marriage into consideration so first i will ask you...... what is the definition of marriage u want to use in this case ... ??
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  3. #3
    Bipolar neoxiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    This is a very interesting post cutie. I personally do not believe in the sanctity of marriage but if people are going to marry i think they should be honest and marry for the right of reasons. Using pregnancy to trap a man is a recipe for disaster because he will eventually move on and leave you hanging. On a guy's part, i don't think it is smart to impregnate a woman first to test her fecundity before marriage. If it turned out eventually that shes not the one you get enmeshed in a wanting situation which is going to be difficult to escape from.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    Back in the day marriage was a standard, not an option. If a man knocked his girl up, they had a shot gun wedding, continued to have children and more than likely stayed together out of obligation. Today, however, couples have found a loophole to attain all the attachments of marriage without the title.


    Ok now back to the question
    Is pregnancy the right reason to get married?
    My answer will be No and using pregnancy as a yard stick for marriage spells trouble as reiterated by Neo, such marriages end even before the priest's I now pronounce you man and wife routine.

    For me, getting a girl knocked up will not diminish my love for her neither will I ever marry a woman just for the sake of her getting pregnant. Should a woman decide to get pregnant as a means of entrapment, I bet there will be a major disappointment...lol because there will not even be an aluminum ring on her finger. (just saying)

    Marriage is overrated anyway, but to throw pregnancy in there for insurance purposes like most women say or otherwise is just WRONG.Marriage to me is just one of those things that seems less and less tangible as I get older and not even knocking a girl up will change my stance.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    well cutie right and wrong are really subjective term ...... it differs from person to person ...... so pregnancy being a right reason to get married depends ....

    first we have to take the persons definition or how the person see marriage into consideration so first i will ask you...... what is the definition of marriage u want to use in this case ... ??
    Quophi,
    It differs from person to person so can you tell me...what you think about it not what others think.....I want your view, thank you. To me I dont think marriage has different definitions, Marriage is marriage and so someone's perception of it doesn't make it a new definition....waiting dear for your view.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neoxiang View Post
    This is a very interesting post cutie. I personally do not believe in the sanctity of marriage but if people are going to marry i think they should be honest and marry for the right of reasons. Using pregnancy to trap a man is a recipe for disaster because he will eventually move on and leave you hanging. On a guy's part, i don't think it is smart to impregnate a woman first to test her fecundity before marriage. If it turned out eventually that shes not the one you get enmeshed in a wanting situation which is going to be difficult to escape from.
    Rightly said....I have seen many marriages gone down the drain because the ladies in question decided that they wanted to get married & these guys though weren't ready to get married right then, decided to still go ahead for the sake of their children...and within a span of about 2 to 3years, every single one of them hasn't survived, so I believe pregnancy is a wrong reason.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Back in the day marriage was a standard, not an option. If a man knocked his girl up, they had a shot gun wedding, continued to have children and more than likely stayed together out of obligation. Today, however, couples have found a loophole to attain all the attachments of marriage without the title."
    Pope I'm glad we are not in the olden days no more......things have evolved and changed or else some marriages would have been hell to be in.

    Ok now back to the question
    My answer will be No and using pregnancy as a yard stick for marriage spells trouble as reiterated by Neo, such marriages end even before the priest's [I]I now pronounce you man and wife routine.
    I agree perfectly with you that pregnancy should not be an entrapment for marriage but on the other hand I've been thinking...if you both agree to marry will it be wrong? You already professed undying love for her so why not go ahead and do good by her...(FYI...you sound like that kind of guy who will).

    For me, getting a girl knocked up will not diminish my love for her neither will I ever marry a woman just for the sake of her getting pregnant. Should a woman decide to get pregnant as a means of entrapment, I bet there will be a major disappointment...lol because there will not even be an aluminum ring on her finger. (just saying)

    Marriage is overrated anyway, but to throw pregnancy in there for insurance purposes like most women say or otherwise is just WRONG.
    Some men in the initial stages that the lady gets pregnant will not wanna get married but after seeing the kids born, the whole idea of having brought into the world such a precious thing makes them emotional(mushy mushy) and they go ahead to make decisions that supposedly will be good for the child.

    Marriage to me is just one of those things that seems less and less tangible as I get older and not even knocking a girl up will change my stance.
    Pope I think in this case, it looks to me commitment is an issue here and it has nothing to do with pregnancy or not.....I guess we need to address commitment among our generation. It looks like marriage is looking less and less blissful for men to venture into these days.....are you one of those? Hope not......loooooooool

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Quophi,
    It differs from person to person so can you tell me...what you think about it not what others think.....I want your view, thank you. To me I dont think marriage has different definitions, Marriage is marriage and so someone's perception of it doesn't make it a new definition....waiting dear for your view.
    i hear u cutie .... anyhow lets say that someone's ideal marriage is one of longevity, unconditional love, deep connectedness, spiritual growth and evolution among others then a marriage established solely on a pregnancy will unlikely point u to such experiences ...

    what im trying to say is that..... if lets say u are in Ghana and u say u want to travel to U.S.A but u go to the Australian embassy for a visa and book a Flight for Australia clearly u will not arrive at The U.S.A ......

    so if someone's idea of marriage is one of basically having children and taking care of children and toiling for ur children or any similar thoughts along that line of thinking then a marriage established on a pregnancy looks likely to fulfill that perspective

    we all have our personal view on marriage, mixed with the lexical definition that society or religion throws at us .... religion will tell a person that the institution of marriage is good, while the social circles or even simple observation depending on ur perspective will say it is a trap.... a restriction .... it limits etc..... etc ....

    all these are important factors or variables that will determine whether a marriage established on a pregnancy is wrong or right ... right meaning it points u to the direction of ur destination and wrong as in it does not point u to ur preferred destination

    but enough of my digression

    my personal view is that if one intends for a "quality" marriage then one established solely on a pregnancy will most likely not achieve that ....

    im not sure of what the future holds for me regarding getting married or not institutionally but if i enter an institutional marriage in the future(which i doubt) then i can tell u that pregnancy as the prime mover of the marriage will be very wrong for me ....

    i know i was everywhere with that .... but i hope im making sense

    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Back in the day marriage was a standard, not an option. If a man knocked his girl up, they had a shot gun wedding, continued to have children and more than likely stayed together out of obligation. Today, however, couples have found a loophole to attain all the attachments of marriage without the title.


    Ok now back to the question
    My answer will be No and using pregnancy as a yard stick for marriage spells trouble as reiterated by Neo, such marriages end even before the priest's I now pronounce you man and wife routine.

    For me, getting a girl knocked up will not diminish my love for her neither will I ever marry a woman just for the sake of her getting pregnant. Should a woman decide to get pregnant as a means of entrapment, I bet there will be a major disappointment...lol because there will not even be an aluminum ring on her finger. (just saying)

    Marriage is overrated anyway, but to throw pregnancy in there for insurance purposes like most women say or otherwise is just WRONG.Marriage to me is just one of those things that seems less and less tangible as I get older and not even knocking a girl up will change my stance.
    nicely put pope
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    i hear u cutie .... anyhow lets say that someone's ideal marriage is one of longevity, unconditional love, deep connectedness, spiritual growth and evolution among others then a marriage established solely on a pregnancy will unlikely point u to such experiences ...

    what im trying to say is that..... if lets say u are in Ghana and u say u want to travel to U.S.A but u go to the Australian embassy for a visa and book a Flight for Australia clearly u will not arrive at The U.S.A ...................

    but enough of my digression

    my personal view is that if one intends for a "quality" marriage then one established solely on a pregnancy will most likely not achieve that ...
    Quophi, well said....after all your digressions you still made your point though...you dont want to be one of those to marry because of pregnancy.

    im not sure of what the future holds for me regarding getting married or not institutionally but if i enter an institutional marriage in the future(which i doubt) then i can tell u that pregnancy as the prime mover of the marriage will be very wrong for me ....

    i know i was everywhere with that .... but i hope im making sense
    Quophi, I hope you not one of the commitment phobia dudes........I will wanna be part of your marriage ceremony bro, so make up your mind...looool

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Quophi, well said....after all your digressions you still made your point though...you dont want to be one of those to marry because of pregnancy.


    Quophi, I hope you not one of the commitment phobia dudes........I will wanna be part of your marriage ceremony bro, so make up your mind...looool
    lol lol .... cutie..... i have no commitment phobia ... im just stating my stand on institutional marriage
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lol lol .... cutie..... i have no commitment phobia ... im just stating my stand on institutional marriage
    Thank God you are not because I'm putting out my outfit specially made to grace the occassion of your marriage......it doesnt have to be instituitional but at least you are committed to someone and are settling down......looool

    PS. Hurry up....dont keep me waiting for too long.........looooooool

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Thank God you are not because I'm putting out my outfit specially made to grace the occassion of your marriage......it doesnt have to be instituitional but at least you are committed to someone and are settling down......looool

    PS. Hurry up....dont keep me waiting for too long.........looooooool
    abeg free me for there ...... lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    abeg free me for there ...... lol
    hehehehheheehe Kofi free you for the where......ok I'll free you on condition you replace yourself with someone else........looooooool

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    hehehehheheehe Kofi free you for the where......ok I'll free you on condition you replace yourself with someone else........looooooool
    lol lol lol ... waa look
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lol lol lol ... waa look
    lool lol lol lol......look what???

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    Cutie free my bro. Quophi small abeg....lol
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Cutie free my bro. Quophi small abeg....lol
    lol lol lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lol lol lol
    Quophi if I were you I wouldnt be LAUGHING OUT LOUD like that...if you know whats good for you

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Quophi if I were you I wouldnt be LAUGHING OUT LOUD like that...if you know whats good for you
    eiiiii laughing too i get palava ????? lol lol lol lol

    ɛdeɛdɛn asɛm koraaa nie ........ lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    eiiiii laughing too i get palava ????? lol lol lol lol

    ɛdeɛdɛn asɛm koraaa nie ........ lol
    HAHAHAHHAAHHAA wo nya nhu hwee koraa.......s3 wo nim de3 3fri soro ba nka wa hy3 dade3 ky3..............lol lol lol lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •