+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For or against death penalty?

Default For or against death penalty?

The Death Penalty should be resumed in society. I think that putting a criminal behind bars can never stop that killer from committing more murders when we know that that killer can kill again in prison or order executions behind bars as in the case of Little Vada Vasuez who was hit by a stray bullet earlier this year. So was in the case of Mary Vincent who was raped and had her arms chopped off by her rapist who was tried and convicted but later freed on parole who then moved to Florida where in 1999 he raped and killed another young woman before being given the death penalty.

Many of us who claim that the innocent have been convicted need to realise that we are not living in the past. We are lving in the present where technology is advanced and the chances of the wrong being convicted are little or none. Anybody who claims that the innocent are being executed i challenge you to produce such a case before me in this time. Moreover are we forgetting about the rights of the defendant during a trial which prevents an accused from being racially discriminated during a trial and for the exclusion of any evidence obtained in contravention of the Laws.

For those of us who claims executing someone is murder, I say to you to look up the definiton of the death penalty and the definition of murder. Murder is the taking of another human being's life intentionally by someone who is intentionally acting in contradiction to the law. Such a person i think, is trying to prove to the law that he or she is better than the law. Such a person should be punished by the very law which he or she has disrespected. The death penalty on the other hand is a legal punishment according to the laws designed to punish the killer and is equivalent to the level of crime committed.

I was speaking to a friend who placed his doubt saying the DNA evidence is jsut 99.9 % effective so he is placing his doubt on that .1% because he believes it should be fully accurate. My response to him was if you have a doubt in DNA then how come you dont have a doubt in condoms which is also 99.9% effective or less. Dont people use condoms which protects them from pregnancies or STD or STI(s)?

We claim that the death penalty increases crime which was proved by Robert Dann in 1935 but later a more advance theory was done comparing states with low executions with states that performed high executions. This study revealed that the death penalty actually deterred murder in states with high executions and states with low executions had little or no effect on the murder rate. This study was done by Hashem Dezbaksh etal. This theory was proved by the Bureau of Criminal Justice in 2001.

Where do you stand?

i am for it because, their are far to many crimes which people get away with nowadays

i am reserved on this but this is what comes to me as a result of the topic at hand ....

does using the same behaviour that u are trying to eradicate or render wrong also as a punishment an effective way ... ?

is using killing as a punishment for killing an effective way of bringing about positivity???

hmmmm!
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 22nd August 2010 at 11:18 PM.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    i am reserved on this but this is what comes to me as a result of the topic at hand ....

does using the same behaviour that u are trying to eradicate or render wrong also as a punishment an effective way ... ?

is using killing as a punishment for killing an effective way of bringing about positivity???

hmmmm!

Hmmm..........
    An eye for an eye??
    Maybe.. just maybe i understand how u feel about this. But some individuals have prove to us beyond any conceivable doubt that they are not human. We cannot bring any1 to life by killing another, true. But if all else fails........ We are no longer in the state of nature, and though i also believe it is not our place to play God, these are ppl who have showed that the modern society is not a place for them. As crooked as i think the law is, for me it seeks to serve one purpose, to protect the future, to even make that future possible. To fail to let the law prevail is to risk total anarchy. Therefore, to this end, every intent and purpose is to let the law prevail.
    Last edited by syc; 12th September 2010 at 01:55 AM.

Lock the murderers up then what ? If the offender is tried and found guilty of the crime and so merits the death penalty,then so be it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information