A BOY of 16 murdered his 15-year-old ex by battering her head with a rock after a bitter break-up, a court heard yesterday. The lad took bright schoolgirl Rebecca Aylward into a rain-soaked wood in an "orchestrated" killing, it was said.

He had talked about doing away with her and committed the crime after telling a pal: "The time has come," jurors were told.

During previous chats with friends at a café, one joked he would treat him to breakfast if he carried out his threat. And on the morning of the alleged murder the teenager - who cannot be named for legal reasons - winked and told the pal: "You may have to buy me a breakfast."Swansea Crown Court heard how a three-month sexual relationship between the "academic" boy and Rebecca ended in acrimony.

Prosecuting QC Greg Taylor said: "The boy was telling people Rebecca was going to allege he had raped her." Mr Taylor added the lad took petite Rebecca into woods after arranging to meet her in Aberkenfig, South Wales, and told pals how he killed her afterwards.

The QC said: "He said, 'I tried to break her neck. She was screaming so I picked up the rock and started to hit her with it. The worst part was feeling and seeing her skull give way'."The QC said he tried to cover his tracks by updating his Facebook page, saying: "I enjoyed a rather good day and a lovely breakfast."

The boy had also threatened to poison 5ft 2in Rebecca, of Maesteg, the jury was told.

After her death cops found a foxglove and deadly nightshade concoction in a bottle at his gran's home.

He denies murder and the trial continues.

Source: thesun.co.uk