+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online Dating

Default Online Dating

The world is now termed to be a global village and as such there are interactions over the web now more than ever. Friendships, relationships and businesses are being established all over and through these, people are getting to meet and date

Is it really safe to date someone you meet online, I ask myself? Its quite scary sometimes to meet someone online, get to talk over an extensive period of time creating this bond and then you feel a connection between you two. Do you let yourself go and believe that you've met your soul mate or do you rather not involve yourself in such an affair.

People can take any identity or form when they are online since there is no way for a lay person to determine if they are telling the truth or not. I could easily tell someone I meet online that I am in the UK, Ghana, USA, Canada, Japan, China, u name it, when infact, I may be no where near any of these places. I could also tell you I'm a girl when I may be a guy and all these makes it quite scary, when you decide to date a stranger online.

I would say be very, very and I stress very cautious with decisions you make about those you intend to date online......There are a lot of good people out there the same way as there are bad ones too and so take care on the decisions you make when you decide to take such a relationship further.

In as much as online dating is scary, some people have met their soul mates online and are really happy together.....so I'll say if you a risk taker like me, you can go ahead but just be careful of the choices you make and the smooth talkers out there.

Very true.. a lot of people are searching on the internet to find love. And some find it and some end up with a broken heart. You can never be 100% sure what someone tells you online is true, so before you jump into an online relationship with your whole heart really get to know the person first and make sure by any means that they are not married/in relationship/playing you for a fool.

If the countless number of online dating sites are raking in millions via online dating then there must be something in it. I have met a couple of nice women online,but will say i was lucky. Yes, you may not know what you are putting yourself into but then,it doesn't hurt being adventurous. Like i always say, you wouldn't know if you don't try but it pays to use your head.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

So i go online and just so happens to meet an interesting woman. We chat,get to know eachother better and I find myself falling for her or she for me, or perhaps we like eachother enough to start off being pals. big deal ? well i'll say not.

Some women or men can be aggressive in their pursuit of love or whatever it is they may be looking for. I personally will like to take it easy,ask all the right questions,be tactful in approach,before deciding on getting my feet really wet.
    Yes it may be scary but one needs to take a calculated risk sometimes. Some find love in bars,churches,schools or for all you know in the queue to the bathroom of that cheap club. hehehe.

Online dating is no different. You just have to go out on a limb,fingers crossed, and hope you score a good girl or boy. My advice for all ensundry is that you trust your instincts. That still small voice never lies. Listen to IT !
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

I bet the key word in all this is "CAUTION". Even in "real life" where we see the other person we are involved with physically from the get go, we are still wary at certain point in time...so how much more online where we need to rely a lot more on our instincts.

Pope like you said I believe that still small voice says a lot to us most of the time but we just do not listen & overlook it......our instincts always are alert but we are sometimes too adamant to take heed.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

So are internet relationships- dating,friendship etc a blessing or a curse ?
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Sometimes we have to risk to get the best thing we desire. I do not see much difference between online dating and real life dating. The reason most people fall in love online is deeply rooted in psychology. What we fall in love with is abstract, what some call persona or character.

The internet creates infinite possibilities. You can mould yourself to suit the expectation of the potential lover using your keyboard as the perfect alchemist tool.

I agree with cutie that we have to exercise caution because there are a lot of freaks out there. On the issue of Pope's question, as to whether it is a blessing or curse, hmmm, I think it is a blessing in disguise - The internet is currently in its infancy and once it takes shape with all the requisite security measures put in place it will become the ultimate platform for hunting potential partners.

Pope,
    I believe it all depends on the individuals involved and the intentions one has when going into the relationship. Even in real life relationships, it can be a blessing or curse and so I dont think online dating is any different.

Bump

Sugar*

Online or dating in person are both gambles.Just because you meet and date a person in the community does not mean they're truthful either.So I say,do what you feel comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar* View Post
    Online or dating in person are both gambles.Just because you meet and date a person in the community does not mean they're truthful either.So I say,do what you feel comfortable with.
    Spot on sis....hit the nail right on the head

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information