+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should God forgive the devil?

Default Should God forgive the devil?

This question keeps bugging me and need your input on this. If God is a loving God why does he still keep grudges with the devil and allow him to torment us?

Why doesn't God just forgive the devil so that we can all have peace. He tells us to forgive our enemies. Why can't he forgive the devil?

I don't get this.. your thoughts please.

I think the devil should not be forgiven. After all, he could have repented but chose not to. The devil is the originator of sin and for taking so many of God's creation (men and angels) with him, he deserves to be punished.

if jehovah forgives the devil ..... how will the christian mythology continue???
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    I think the devil should not be forgiven. After all, he could have repented but chose not to. The devil is the originator of sin and for taking so many of God's creation (men and angels) with him, he deserves to be punished.
    but what if the devil repents right now ..... what will happen ... how will we kno ??

the question you should ask is if he has repented?

He will never repent. Dude knows his time is running out so he's taking as many as he can down with him.

He will never repent. Dude knows his time is running out so he's taking as many as he can down with him.
    lol ... boss u are speaking for the so called devil here ..... if he has free choice then im guessing he can repent in a now moment ... no??

So i take it we don't have to forgive our enemies as demonstrated by God.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxiang View Post
    So i take it we don't have to forgive our enemies as demonstrated by God.
    the whole theory has serious holes in it paa ....

anyways ...

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    the whole theory has serious holes in it paa ....

anyways ...

you guys are over simplifying it though. I believe God has forgiven the deal, but forgiveness does not mean one must not face the price for their actions...... remember the wages of sin is death, and Christ died for man not Angels which the devil is

Quote Originally Posted by B DIDDY View Post
    you guys are over simplifying it though. I believe God has forgiven the deal, but forgiveness does not mean one must not face the price for their actions...... remember the wages of sin is death, and Christ died for man not Angels which the devil is
    Diddy ... i see what u are saying .... but zion look at this scenario ..... lets say i am the one who is going to do a punishing or rewarding depending on certain variables ..... now if u ask me for forguveness .... how does that fit in this scenario ...

now i know im over-simplifying but im just trying to dive deep into forgiveness in the topic at hand here ......

and oh diddy, i hope u are aware that the topic at hand is hypothetical

There is probably no God, that's why this devil, forgiveness, god thing sounds cuckoo. Go grab a beer and live your life and don't lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual Pirate View Post
    There is probably no God, that's why this devil, forgiveness, god thing sounds cuckoo. Go grab a beer and live your life and don't lose sleep over it.
    eiii intellectual pirate ........ u are very direct arent u ... lol

You are not answering Neo's question. That statement is self contradictory in itself. One who expresses great unimaginable love, well apparently...yet hold grudges and punishment. The whole thing is not making any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This question keeps bugging me and need your input on this. If God is a loving God why does he still keep grudges with the devil and allow him to torment us?
    I think the question we must look at here is why allow the torment but my question is, what torment do humans suffer that they acknowledge or blame some outside entity for?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Why doesn't God just forgive the devil so that we can all have peace. He tells us to forgive our enemies. Why can't he forgive the devil?

I don't get this.. your thoughts please.
    That is because the whole story is made up. It is a contraction. Very good question though

princess_polks

HMM, well it seems like any answer we give here will not please you guys, sooo why don't you just ask God himself. We are not God, so asking us is of no use. If you want an answer, ask God and not us. There are a lot of questions that will never be answered, and I guess this one is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_polks View Post
    HMM, well it seems like any answer we give here will not please you guys, sooo why don't you just ask God himself. We are not God, so asking us is of no use. If you want an answer, ask God and not us. There are a lot of questions that will never be answered, and I guess this one is one of them.
    brilliant answer ...... and i must say that we are only scratching the surface with how deep the rabbit hole this question can lead us....anyways

Bump!
    Agent Provocateur

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information