Updates from the movie industry indicate that veteran actor cum producer, Roger Quartey, returned to the set last week for an upcoming movie with the working title ‘Death After Birth.’

The movie will be his second produced movie after ‘Turn Me On’, which was released last year.

The new one is being directed by Pascal Amanfo, starring Jackie Appiah, Eddy Watson, Roslyn Ngissah, John Dumelo, Akorfa Ejeani Asiedu and Amanorbea Dodoo, among others.

Most of its locations will be in Accra and it is not clear who is handling cinematography, costume and make up as well as the other areas in movie making.

However, it is said to be one of the biggest movies to watch out for this year. Its storyline, as a result of copyright reasons, is being kept under wraps.

But sources told BEATWAVES “it’s a tragic movie themed on the mysteries surrounding death and birth.”

It appears ‘Turn Me On’ did well on the market hence Roger’s return to the set so quickly. A number of first time producers are not able to return on set because their movies do not do well on the market, but Roger has overcome that unfortunate mark.

His ‘Turn Me On’ was described as an ultimate game of wits with different themes. It explored love, greed, blackmail, hatred, betrayal, treasure and deceit, but at the end, goodness ruled. Its storyline was not just interesting but perfect despite issues about its origin. Rumours say it is still selling very hot on the movie market.

Roger said the upcoming movie was going to be something different and an improvement on his first production.

By Francis Addo