+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'There Is No Heaven'

Default 'There Is No Heaven'

LONDON -- Famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking finds no room for heaven in his vision of the cosmos.

In an interview published Monday in The Guardian newspaper, the 69-year-old says the human brain is a like a computer that will stop working when its components fail. He says: "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

In "Grand Design," a book published last year, Hawking had declared that it was "not necessary to invoke God ... to get the universe going."

Hawking is nearly totally paralyzed by motor neurone disease, diagnosed when he was 21. Hawking says he is not afraid of death, but adds: "I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first."

Source: huffingtonpost

obviously if you think you are your body then this is 100% true
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking finds no room for heaven in his vision of the cosmos."
    What is YOUR VISION of the cosmos?
    ls your vision based on anothers,what you have heard or read?
    Or was is a PERSONAL 1st hand experience?
    The great physicist went on to say he is not ready to die yet.There is a lot more things he wants to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

LONDON -- Famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking finds no room for heaven in his vision of the cosmos.

In an interview published Monday in The Guardian newspaper, the 69-year-old says the human brain is a like a computer that will stop working when its components fail. He says: "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

In "Grand Design," a book published last year, Hawking had declared that it was "not necessary to invoke God ... to get the universe going."

Hawking is nearly totally paralyzed by motor neurone disease, diagnosed when he was 21. Hawking says he is not afraid of death, but adds: "I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first."

Source: huffingtonpost
    Who is to argue with this man who has confessed to his human condition that he has absolutely no control over--yet he equated man made computers with human destiny of which mankind has absolutely no power over. This human being has come to a conclusion that fits his own finite brain that is gradually failing him. I do pray that whenever he is ready (which death cares less whether one is ready or not) his brain will figure the obvious truth that many ignore until they have gotten to the point of reckoning and culmination.

Man can choose to believe anything, but the truth will always be the truth come rain or shine.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

“The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

:

Quote Originally Posted by Kwame Nyame View Post
    "Famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking finds no room for heaven in his vision of the cosmos."
    What is YOUR VISION of the cosmos?

Or was is a PERSONAL 1st hand experience?

ls your vision based on anothers,what you have heard or read?
    Oh Kwame, read? You don't wanna get me started . I can go on and on and on..

As for my 1st hand experience of the cosmos, I would need time to type it here because I would have to suspend my thoughts and welcome the clear memories of some of these dimensions to type it all here.

The great physicist went on to say he is not ready to die yet.There is a lot more things he wants to find out.
    Yep, same here. I think its more wonderful, beautiful for my mind and human body to witness and feel (if the mind can feel) what is beyond this physical plane. In fact, the few experiences I've had about and on other dimensions/planes and planets make me more hungry to keep going, keep finding out more. To me, in spirit form, when I'm back to myself, being spirit (soul) it will all be normal, like I'm home. At least thats what my mind thinks . This is why Astral projection was so important to me when I started my spiritual journey. And I've already shared some of my experiences on the osofo joint on ghweb.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

well yes, what i have come to know about the cosmos is by hearing or reading passed through the resonance test for the most parts and a few extrasensory perception experience ....

u kno when u hear or read something and there is a rushing tingling sensation through ur body with the confident knowingness of an encouter with truth(UR TRUTH) passing through u accompanied by joy/bliss/a feeling i will call good ...... well that is how my vision of the cosmos evolved to become my vision .... i have also heard and read things which my inner compass disagree with ......

eg. the biblical passage where it is written that jesus said no one goes to the father except through him ...... i was getting a not true resonance from reading that which meant it was not true for me ....... i have come to trust this resonance meter when i am aware of it paaaa and it is shaping my beliefs or at least tells me wat beliefs i currently believe in which does not pass my inner compass test ..... beliefs have been important for me lately and that is wat i am up to currently .....

now the expanding of awareness and transition from religious dogma to spirituality started for me 3-4 years ago and blockages have been removed/are being removed/have to be removed that is why maybe beliefs and examining my beliefs have been one of the important ventures for me ...... i have had a few extrasensory perception experiences and dreams that were out of the ordinary ..... i have travel literally through my own body a few times which i have shared on gweb religion forum which revealed to me about the cosmos within my body and mind and soul relationship with the body .....

there have been a few times when i knew an out of body experience was about to take place but sleep paralysis crept in which scared my ego and it stop ......

its a process for me .... i will experience wat i need to experience when i experience it ....
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 18th May 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

now about heaven or hell ... as the many N.D.Es confirms .... everybody experiences different afterlife ..... all doings of the mind ...... death is a journey to ur inner core which first comes with shedding the body then the mind(ego) to reach the soul ..... if u believe in heaven and hell ..... u will most likely experience it .... if u believe in meeting loved ones in a beautiful garden, u will experience that ..... if u have a belief of no belief in the afterlife.... the appropriate and perfect experience will come to u ......etc ....until u shed the mind and move into ur inner core(soul) and continue ur journey from there ..... does NDE do not really reach their core ..... just the manifestations of their mind which is instant in the spirit would as compared to the physical world where a process occurring in time is experienced b4 the manifestation of the intention or thought. for most cases ..... because words will not be able to contain experiences within ones core .....
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 18th May 2011 at 08:25 PM.
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    well yes what i come to know about the cosmos is by hearing or reading passed through the resonance test for most parts and a few extrasensory perception experience ....

u kno when u hear or read some and there is a rushing tingling sensation through ur body with the confident knowingness truth(ur truth) passing through u accompanied by joy/bliss/a feeling i will call good ...... well that is how my vision of the cosmos evolved to become my vision .... i have also heard and read things which my inner compass disagree with ......

eg. the biblical passage where it is written that jesus said no one goes to the father except through him ...... i was getting a not true resonance from reading that which meant it was not true for me ....... i have come to trust this resonance meter when i am aware of it paaaa and it is shaping my beliefs or at least tells me wat beliefs i currently believe in which does not pass my inner compass test ..... beliefs have been important for me lately and that is wat i am up to recently .....

now expanding of awareness and transition from religious dogma to spirituality started for me 3-4 years ago and blockages have been removed/are being removed/have to be removed that is why maybe beliefs and examining my beliefs have been one of the important ventures for me ...... i have had a few extrasensory perception experiences and dreams that were out of the ordinary ..... i have travel literally through my own body a few times which i have shared on gweb religion forum which revealed to me about the cosmos within my body and mind and soul relationship with the body .....

there have been a few times when i knew an out of body experience was about to take place but sleep paralysis crept in which scared my ego and it stop ......

its a process for me .... i will experience wat i need to experience when i experience it ....

Good read imho.lf l understand what you are saying,l think it is that Truth is within each of us.l sometime see myself as a bud.A bud has the potential to be a flower.A bud unfolds to become the beautiful rose flower.Even in seed form,all the potentials are in there.
    l understand too that the mind will not easily or readily allow truth to surface.
    Unfoldment to me is a step by step process.The seed of truth is hidden with each of us.There is a step you need to take today,right now,before you are able to take a bigger or next step.
    My teacher once said....."lf you ask God to show you truth,but you haven't used your talents today,then you can't expect to find the greater talents and the greater truth tomorrow"
    This l think is sound advice.l say this because we sometime hold on to a dogma or someone's belief so strongly that we never think for once about finding truth for ourselves.
    Take Martin Luther ,the great reformer and the one person who was 1st to stand up to the One Church and break its stranglehold on the world.To his dying day,Martin Luther still believed the Earth was the centre of our universe and the Sun revolves round the earth.This was the prevailing understanding at the time and was obviously an unexamined belief.
    l was brought up to believe there is only one heaven.The choice was stuck.Heaven or Hell.l accepted this until something inside me started questioning that position.This set me off on a quest.l finally found a path that made claims like there are many heavens and you need not die to enter these heavens.l knew lve arrived home from the word go.l was told a guy who lives in America can come to me in my home and show me step by step ways to make these claims real.Wow! Really? Then it happened.l signed up and started receiving instructions both on the outer by way of letters and discourses and in the inner by way of nightly and sometimes daytime "visits".
    l was soon to realized the outer teachings one formed not more than one per cent of the teachings.
    Another fact l came to appreciate is that there is 1st the student who becomes a master.Then a master who becomes a co worker with God.This rule has been the case in the lives of the Sages and Saints lve studied.There was not a single exception.No one can go it alone.You need help from someone who knows the way.You too will become a wayshower someday.
    Anyone who has visited the inner worlds through eg dream travel will know that the heaven he heard from the pulpit is way too limited and most times old fashion.
    lm here talking about KNOWING...where it is COMPLETELY upon you(and YOU only) to work things out,using your own talents and abilities.
    When someone today comes out to say HEAVEN doesn't exist,he probably is refering to a certain heaven drummed into him from childhood or a popular concept of heaven.
    l will explain.Personally,the heaven described to me as a child is way too outmoded,boring and one l will not want to spend eternity in.And a God l only pretend to love because l feared "him" was not a God l want to spend eternity with.
    Earth evolve but the heaven presented to me was static.
    The point lm trying to make(going round in circles) is like Quophi said.There are somethings l know to be true(true to me) that nothing can change or take away from me.lve experienced it 1st hand.
    lve got to go.More Later
    Last edited by Kwame Nyame; 18th May 2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    Oh Kwame, read? You don't wanna get me started . I can go on and on and on..

As for my 1st hand experience of the cosmos, I would need time to type it here because I would have to suspend my thoughts and welcome the clear memories of some of these dimensions to type it all here.

Yep, same here. I think its more wonderful, beautiful for my mind and human body to witness and feel (if the mind can feel) what is beyond this physical plane. In fact, the few experiences I've had about and on other dimensions/planes and planets make me more hungry to keep going, keep finding out more. To me, in spirit form, when I'm back to myself, being spirit (soul) it will all be normal, like I'm home. At least thats what my mind thinks . This is why Astral projection was so important to me when I started my spiritual journey. And I've already shared some of my experiences on the osofo joint on ghweb.
    l guess one's philosophy of life largely depends on the individual's complexities.l read that when Bertrad Russell was asked about his philosophy of life,he wrote volumes and volumes of books.And when Christ was asked the same question,he said....." Love God with all your heart and body;and love your neighbour as yourself.
    What is my philosophy of life?lm still working at it.lol.l hope to establish one before l drop my outer shell.lt would be sad and a great shame if someone long after lm gone put on my philosophy of life and make it his or her own without working out and finding his/her own.

lt would be sad and a great shame if someone long after lm gone put on my philosophy of life and make it his or her own without working out and finding his/her own.
    Wow, now that is a powerful statement...

I wish him long life...
    Last edited by ® Lady √ Macbeth ©; 19th May 2011 at 01:22 AM.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

“The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Einstein

:

Though he, Stephen Hawking, is a world-renowned theoretical British physicist his theory is unsubstantial. This is his vision of the cosmos after all hence he is unable to see what he cannot comprehend or articulate.

I am not about to judge his intelligence, but the analogy he used is quite feeble coming from such a character who made his fame through his gifted brain.

“There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.” –s. Hawking

Someone once said that science measure things that are visible and measureable, but beyond what is not measureable and visible are fictional. That simply proves that science is limited but yet scientists seek to put a limit on things that out of their league.

BTW, the 11-year-old boy putted him to shame with his more proficient statement. The physicist is definitely speaking about himself when he said: “I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.” Look who is putting up resistance right after stating that people believe in afterlife and heaven through to fear of the dark when he is putting up a resistance over death.

People tend to describe themselves through the presumptions they make of others.

Glenn
    Einstein

:

Dream Quote:

"What if you slept? And what if, In your sleep
    You dreamed? And what if,
    In your dream, You went to Heaven
    And there plucked A strange and
    Beautiful flower?
    ...And what if, When you awoke,
    You had the flower In your hand?
    Ah, what then?"

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Dream Quote:

"What if you slept? And what if, In your sleep
    You dreamed? And what if,
    In your dream, You went to Heaven
    And there plucked A strange and
    Beautiful flower?
    ...And what if, When you awoke,
    You had the flower In your hand?
    Ah, what then?"

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    That is quite a thought for one to consider. Good stuff..

Glenn
    Einstein

:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information