+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Satellites To meet Benin In Final Qualifier

Default Satellites To meet Benin In Final Qualifier

Holders Ghana will meet Benin in the final round of qualifying African Youth Championship after advancing past Namibia on Saturday.

The Black Satellites drew 1-1 in Windhoek to progress to the second round stage of the qualifiers having won the first leg game 4-0 in Accra a fortnight ago.

Ghana thus complete the two-leg clash on a 5-1 aggregate scoreline.

Genoa attacker Richmond Boakye-Yiadom broke his goal duck for Ghana when he scored for the Black Satellites after 15 minutes on his second appearance.

However, the hosts managed to draw level through a penalty just minutes before both sides headed into the break.

The Black Satellites, who won the last continental competition in Rwanda a year ago are aiming for a place in the 2011 finals to be staged by Libya.

Ghana will be away to Benin in the first leg on the weekend of September 24-26. Benin beat Burkina Faso 4-2 in Ouagadougou to reach the second round stage after drawing 0-0 in the first leg.

Seven teams qualify for the finals along with hosts Libya.

Source: Ghanafa.org

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    Holders Ghana will meet Benin in the final round of qualifying African Youth Championship after advancing past Namibia on Saturday.

The Black Satellites drew 1-1 in Windhoek to progress to the second round stage of the qualifiers having won the first leg game 4-0 in Accra a fortnight ago.

Ghana thus complete the two-leg clash on a 5-1 aggregate scoreline.

Genoa attacker Richmond Boakye-Yiadom broke his goal duck for Ghana when he scored for the Black Satellites after 15 minutes on his second appearance.

However, the hosts managed to draw level through a penalty just minutes before both sides headed into the break.

The Black Satellites, who won the last continental competition in Rwanda a year ago are aiming for a place in the 2011 finals to be staged by Libya.

Ghana will be away to Benin in the first leg on the weekend of September 24-26. Benin beat Burkina Faso 4-2 in Ouagadougou to reach the second round stage after drawing 0-0 in the first leg.

Seven teams qualify for the finals along with hosts Libya.

Source: Ghanafa.org
    I don't think Benin can stop us. They qualified over another weak side and that does not scare us. Though we shouldn't be complement, i think we'll qualify. We are playing away on the first leg and it will be a great gift they can give the fans on the return leg if we qualify. Go Ghana. We have a cup to defend.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

That Yiadom kid is good. He has the potential to make it to the top. Benin is one we shouldn't toy with, they have equally good players capable of springing a surprise. Remember Ghana has a bulls-eye on her back every country we play will wanna "skin" us.

I believe we can win this but it's not going to be an easy win.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Talking of Boakye yiadom, i heard some rumors that the boy has become the target of AC Milan....What? After what they did to Adiyah....if the story is true, i pray he'll take a cue from what happened to Adiyah and don't joined that 'waste-talent' team.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information