+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: Is god a delusion?

  1. #26
    Bipolar Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Agyei View Post
    I rather expected a response from the person in question. Or would our brother "Neo" be ready to take some be cross-examination questions on his behalf?
    Lol, feel free my brother. You can ask any question. It is a free forum for all.

  2. #27
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Well said.
    Last edited by ® Lady √ Macbeth ©; 2nd May 2011 at 05:40 AM.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  3. #28
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual Pirate View Post
    Senseless question but i will use a layman's intellect to put the kibosh on your wry logic.

    There is no evidence that god exists. Seeing is believing. If he exists then why doesn't he come down to earth and show himself to us. If he exists then why does he allow millions of innocents to be killed. If he exists and has all these majestic superpowers, then why doesn't he do something about wars. Instead, he, if he exists at all, just sits around and treats the whole thing as an over elaborate joke. If he exists then why doesn't he do something about poverty and suffering. If he exists then he would care and something would be done. Nothing has been done. Therefore not only does he not exist but is also a mass murderer and an implacable nazi sadist. god does not exist. End of story.



    You type a lot but don't really make much sense.

    If a divine being can be defined, you can examine its definition for consistency. If it's inconsistent/contradictory you can discount it. If it can not be defined then it can not be known and is thus useless. If it has a consistent definition and that definition states it as supernatural, then it is by definition non-empirical and can not be verified by observation.



    I do not know what kinda drugs you are on. Let me debunk your a priori reasoning using a more polished and refined intellect.

    If all humans suddenly ceased to exist my bicycle would still exist, a house would still exist, light would still exist, animals would still exist. All these things could be sensed by another animal. BECAUSE THOSE THINGS EXIST WITH OR WITHOUT HUMANS! An animal could not sense god because he doesn't exist. See how silly your harmonisation theory sounds?

    "Chewing books and pouring them on forums doesn't make one smart" Your thinking is seriously flawed and almost pass off as a two year old throwing tantrums. Please present your thoughts as an adult and stop bombarding us with plethora of unnecessary texts subterfuge. Keep your argument simple, short and smart. We are not writing a textbook. Just the facts please!

    It takes one who types a “plethora” to know that I type a lot and do not make much sense. If my thinking is so flawed and can be passed for a two year old throwing tantrums then yours must be compared to an elephant with a pen who wouldn’t be able to accurately analyze me even if to safe his own life. You ought to know where you throw your bones before you step on them yourself.

    Your outburst is not sudden but rather quite deep-rooted. It is clear that you have been following and scrutinizing my post to the point that this opportunity bounced you the chance to approach me in a malicious modus.

    Yet you go on the defense. In spite of your demeanor to downplay me, I am not moved by your falseness. Why you are trying to make me look bad so you can look good is self-explanatory (I am not suffering from inferiority complex). Though I thought this is a thread for one to share his or her opinion, sentiment, perspective, idea, and thoughts, however respectfully: your intention mirrors the opposite.

    “I read books—and ‘chew’ eatables!” If you have a problem with me sharing my beliefs, point-of-view, and thoughts simply say so. Do not go around in tangents pointing your finger at me when far more are pointed back at you. My thinking of the Word of God is flawed because you have a problem understanding what is simple. I am on the type of drug that is out of your league so please don’t bother asking.

    You said there is no evidence that God exist—are you kidding me? There is no what? See why I said that I am appalled by the blindness of people, especially those who are intelligent in their own inadequate minds (I know far too well that you don’t see but for the merriment of indulging you are worth the asking)? Socialism does not have power over me, I am not self-reliant or self-exalted, but completely reliant on the ultimate sovereignty of all that is seen and unseen. I know the truth (not religious acclamations) and the appropriation of what is. Like I said—there are people who “know” but do not “believe”! I know nothing, but thank God for the Holy Spirit, the blood of Jesus, and the infallible word of God.

    Some believe in order for God to eradicate evil He would have to eliminate “free will” because when a human being is with that ability to choose then their desire (be it conscious or unconscious) to do evil is inevitable. However, I admit the obvious fact undeniably that people regardless of age, race, geography, religion or the lack thereof, social class, and the like: suffer. I know that suffering abound doubtlessly. But that is because of SIN and absolutely nothing else. The universe is a cause and effect world where the decisions that mankind make are causing them to suffer (generation to generation). Consequentially, some of the repercussions are inescapable. It was not God who started terrorism, Ku Klux Klan, Jim Crow slavery laws, and so many irrational acts of men. People are always so quick to believe the negative appose to the positive. Those who are pronouncing judgment on God and the truth about Him should vividly consider the common facts of life.

    I will say this: our mind/brain was created by God therefore it is extremely presumptuous for anyone who presumed they are an intellectual in their own eyes to question His way, and imprudent to doubt His existence.

    I will go on record to say that character is greater than comfort, and I said that to the skeptics who concluded that God does not existence because of the suffering He allows in this world. That is just shallow thinking and it tells a lot about persons who think like that. God takes our pain and suffering to accomplish a greater good for our own benefit. On the flip side: we as believers do not say that God exist because of the pain and suffering in this world—for God’s existence does not base on conditions. You might come with the obvious argument regarding my last sentence, but let me just spare you the thought and inform you that love must have the unflawed balance of justice and mercy. A parent is a perfect illustration of this which I do not wish to read out to you. However, just as a parent allow his or her child to suffer the pain of multiple injections, surgeries (once there are life threatening health issues), circumcision, disciplining unacceptable behaviors, and the like—so does a loving God does for a greater good through suffering and pain (all of which we brought upon ourselves though He has the power to prevent it—it will only defeat the purpose of us developing genuine characters).

    P.S. The skeptics have such uncomely fallacy about love and the nature of God that they are finding the suffering in this world as one of the many reasons they think a loving God does not existence under these conditions. You continue in your serpentine where the truth is concern.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  4. #29
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Agyei View Post
    Just if we could tone down the language to a more friendly style. We certainly will disagree but can still have our debates done in a better manner without having to tongue-lash each other.

    But then, Consistence demands that Intellectual cannot believe anything which is invisible to the eye. A follow-up question may be whether or not Intellectual belies in energy, intellect, air, knowledge, etc since all these do not wear tangible material expressions? Do you believe in air exists, Pirate? But you've never seen it!
    Fact that you don't see something or never seen something cannot mean they do not exist. We never saw air before, but air exists. We see the effects of the air everyday. In the same way, though you have not seen God, He exist. What you should ask for is evidence to that effect which abounds and available to anyone who is interested to find. Man is not made of only six human sense, eye, ear, touch, kenestetic, taste. These are just the physical windows. Nor is man just about the intellect, will and emotions. These are just the windows of the soul. Man, apart from the body and the soul, is also a Spirit. When you engage your Spirit (with your soul and body) to a humble search for truth about the existence of God, you will encounter abundant Spiritual experiences with the Supreme One. It is good to engage our soul and body. I have experienced God myself. He is with me in my happy moments. He answers when I call and delivers me from predicaments. Most times, He does not allow me at all to even call, but as soon as the need registers in my consciousness He meets it. In other words, He consults the content of my heart and the intents of my mind to kick. I have experienced the wonders of God in my Education, Finances, Relationship and every part of my life. And God knows these things I say are true and not mischievous at all. God is ready to give everyone that will seeks Him a personal experience.

    If Intellectual does not belief in the existence of God, then can he share with us his explanations about the origin of the universe and of man? We are interested to know your understanding about the origin on man and the universe. I'll be ready to submit some evidence apart from my personal experiences with Him if you so desire.
    Well read!
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  5. #30

    Default

    lolololololololololololololololololololol ..... eiiii wetin the go on for this thread ....
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  6. #31
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lolololololololololololololololololololol ..... eiiii wetin the go on for this thread ....
    the ratings just went one point up.

    God has just started another fight! the usual
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  7. #32
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    the ratings just went one point up.

    God has just started another fight! the usual
    God is not in this! It is Intellectual Pirate your buddy who decided to get personal--so I needed to address that daft approach!
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  8. #33
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable--I am only sharing like anyone else and should be treated as such. The malicious approach needs to calm down.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    the ratings just went one point up.

    God has just started another fight! the usual

    lololololol ....

    oh the word "god" and the various definition/thoughts about god ...... why have u cause so many calamities in humanity .....
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  10. #35
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    People will keep fighting over it until they get to know the real thing.. Otherwise it remains a mental image with descriptions. Won't quench that thirst. Like that pastor said, if you are thirsty and u eat bread, you will still be thirsty.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    People will keep fighting over it until they get to know the real thing.. Otherwise it remains a mental image with descriptions. Won't quench that thirst. Like that pastor said, if you are thirsty and u eat bread, you will still be thirsty.
    true dat, true dat .... one can never quench the thirst that plague many through a journey of the mind ....... a journey into the heart is where the thirst will be quenched .....

    i be beginner on this path so make i no talk too much
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  12. #37
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    true dat, true dat .... one can never quench the thirst that plague many through a journey of the mind ....... a journey into the heart is where the thirst will be quenched .....

    i be beginner on this path so make i no talk too much
    but you don't get into this tag of war of words about the word 'God', thats what Im saying. If you've read Eckhart's "Power of Now" before (till this date that book stands out as probably the best thing I've read), Eckhart's writes, "Honey", you can study honey, read about honey, talk about honey, teaching about honey for years or all your life, but you will never know what honey really is until you taste it. After tasting honey, you will know honey and the word 'honey' will become useless to you. The word won't have any significance any longer.

    I'm probably the most misunderstood person in my whole family when it comes to spiritual matters. Because I don't want to get entangled in this small talks or bubble gum beliefs about god, I've been called an atheist, unbeliever and lord knows what else. Its beyond me. Not being religious means I don't have any spiritual standing, I don't get it, I don't believe in the god of Abraham, I don't believe in a god is who is a man, ehi, the list can go on.... When I mention spirituality, I might as well spoken in some Asian language. There is no meaning to that. No one listens, because its all about what we believe which is the recipe for my spiritual life. *SHOCKING*. But one thing is for sure, nobody in the family dares to engage me in a debate about these topics. I will flatten you flat. A couple of years ago I didn't take prisoners and did't have time for kindergarten belief systems. I just couldn't stand it. I didn't waste time at all. If simple things are in front of you and you can't grasp them, I had little patients for you. Why would I have patients for things such as God is a man and all will be well, be born again, hell hell hell.... To them its all about words, getting attached to them. As time went on, I learned to keep calm and just stay on my own path. Its a very lonely road but I'm enjoying the trip every step. Getting a taste of yourself, of your immortality can't be described. The human body fades, and it is nothing, I mean nothing from to this one taste I had. Chalay stop, heeerr
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  13. #38
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Hmmmm
    Last edited by ® Lady √ Macbeth ©; 5th May 2011 at 02:12 AM.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  14. #39
    Cognoscenti ® Lady √ Macbeth ©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hmm-North America
    Posts
    487

    Default

    My senior aunt often said to me: let people talk as they will always talk once what they say is not true let it pass like a wild fire in the forest. I hold true to that statement that is why I pay little attention to those who are speaking because they have the breath to do so.

    My point is: if someone is to say I am a prostitute then let them run with it since I know that I am not, but at the same time I might let it be a FYI statement for the mind bogglers.

    Everyone is different, but I will not batter a loved one for having a different perspective about spiritual matters or the lack thereof. Nonetheless, I do hope you know that all Christians do not look down on their loved ones for being different, but embrace them as a family member instead with love and respect.

    If you do not believe in God then you do not believe in God—that is your prerogative. However, you must understand that it is the perpetual entitlement and responsibility of all Christians to continually share the gospel and it is not to disrespect anyone, but to obey the Lord.

    I am a woman who has multiple obligations, relationship wise and as such serenity and peace of mind are my best friends. I have no time to stress myself over anyone who tends to misunderstand or maliciously approach me with strife.

    Personally, I hold close the scripture that says: “And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.” Matthew 10:14

    That scripture has nothing to do with uncleanness; it simply means that we should not waste our time trying to change anyone or force one’s beliefs on another as long as the message is delivered and they do not accept it then it is time to move on knowing that you have done your part. It (trying to change or force someone and them not listening) will only bring strife and resentment which I do not indulge myself in. If persons are interested after I state what I needed to share the first time then they can initiate the interest of wanting to know more and I will gladly oblige.

    A thousand years to us is only one day to God therefore, men might think that they have heard about this Jesus, the end time, the rapture, and the like, but they have not seen anything of such dating back to their forefathers. People can doubt whatever they want due to the lack of seeing it with their own physical eyes, but one day will come even if after our death, God’s purpose will be fulfilled just the way he said it; notwithstanding our absent, present, believe, or disbelieve-- it shall inescapably come to pass.

    Q, I empathized with you as you take your solitary truth journey, but albeit, I hope that you find what you seek and that you benefit from your own spiritual or scientific discoveries.

    P.S. Christians and every other spiritual person are still human beings whose flesh will contaminate their spiritual character periodically.
    We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. Einstein

    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose". Elliot

    Character is higher than intellect. ~Emerson

    “The best thing I have is the knife from Fatal Attraction. I hung it in my kitchen. It's my way of saying, Don't mess with me.”
    Glenn
    Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Einstein

    :

  15. #40
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ® Lady √ Macbeth © View Post
    Q, I empathized with you as you take your solitary truth journey, but albeit, I hope that you find what you seek and that you benefit from your own spiritual or scientific discoveries.
    Thank you but I have no idea what this inner scientific discovery is. loool. Its the first time I've heard such a thing and I can't stop laughing. But i think I know of someone who is doing that.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  16. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    but you don't get into this tag of war of words about the word 'God', thats what Im saying. If you've read Eckhart's "Power of Now" before (till this date that book stands out as probably the best thing I've read), Eckhart's writes, "Honey", you can study honey, read about honey, talk about honey, teaching about honey for years or all your life, but you will never know what honey really is until you taste it. After tasting honey, you will know honey and the word 'honey' will become useless to you. The word won't have any significance any longer.

    I'm probably the most misunderstood person in my whole family when it comes to spiritual matters. Because I don't want to get entangled in this small talks or bubble gum beliefs about god, I've been called an atheist, unbeliever and lord knows what else. Its beyond me. Not being religious means I don't have any spiritual standing, I don't get it, I don't believe in the god of Abraham, I don't believe in a god is who is a man, ehi, the list can go on.... When I mention spirituality, I might as well spoken in some Asian language. There is no meaning to that. No one listens, because its all about what we believe which is the recipe for my spiritual life. *SHOCKING*. But one thing is for sure, nobody in the family dares to engage me in a debate about these topics. I will flatten you flat. A couple of years ago I didn't take prisoners and did't have time for kindergarten belief systems. I just couldn't stand it. I didn't waste time at all. If simple things are in front of you and you can't grasp them, I had little patients for you. Why would I have patients for things such as God is a man and all will be well, be born again, hell hell hell.... To them its all about words, getting attached to them. As time went on, I learned to keep calm and just stay on my own path. Its a very lonely road but I'm enjoying the trip every step. Getting a taste of yourself, of your immortality can't be described. The human body fades, and it is nothing, I mean nothing from to this one taste I had. Chalay stop, heeerr
    lolololololol pae mu ka ...... menfa ny3 akwaduro ...... lolol ....... u have said a lot and true .... it comes down to going within and knowing yourself ..... not, knowing what someone knows of yourself ...... no need for the middle men/women ..... anyways ....... we are all sacred souls on whatever journey and missions we have set for ourselves ....... respect others, allow others , lead ur life with integrity and in accordance with your truth as best as u can for the life u are leading is ur preaching to the multitude and the world, not merely the words that come out of ur mouth .......
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  17. #42
    Virtuoso Kwame Nyame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lolololololol pae mu ka ...... menfa ny3 akwaduro ...... lolol ....... u have said a lot and true .... it comes down to going within and knowing yourself ..... not, knowing what someone knows of yourself ...... no need for the middle men/women ..... anyways ....... we are all sacred souls on whatever journey and missions we have set for ourselves ....... respect others, allow others , lead ur life with integrity and in accordance with your truth as best as u can for the life u are leading is ur preaching to the multitude and the world, not merely the words that come out of ur mouth .......
    Wise words bro.Wise words in my humble opinion.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •