+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to draw the line ?

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Where to draw the line ?

Most of today's artists either in the Rock n Roll, Rap/Hiphop or the pop world, have made no secret of who the call their god and there are many actors who don't worship the christian God.

Should a musician or actor's beliefs and practices be basis for one choosing not to patronize their work due to conflicting interests/beliefs ?

Where do you draw the line ?
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

What draws me to an artist is his lyrics first then the music their religious beliefs are none of my business only if....
    For instance,Bob Marley's work has always been dear to my heart based on the message he sends across through his music. I am not a rastafarian but just so happen to love the lyrics and music of the evergreen songs Bob Marley,Peter Tosh,Third World etc. have done in the past.

Should they attempt to send subliminal messages based on their beilefs of which may be detrimental to my being,through their music then i might choose to shy away from their work.I am all about positve energy and vibes that is where i draw the line and anything below that is a no-go zone.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    What draws me to an artist is his lyrics first then the music their religious beliefs are none of my business only if....
    For instance,Bob Marley's work has always been dear to my heart based on the message he sends across through his music. I am not a rastafarian but just so happen to love the lyrics and music of the evergreen songs Bob Marley,Peter Tosh,Third World etc. have done in the past.

Should they attempt to send subliminal messages based on their beilefs of which may be detrimental to my being,through their music then i might choose to shy away from their work.I am all about positve energy and vibes that is where i draw the line and anything below that is a no-go zone.
    I am with you on this one... I just love good music... I don't care about their beliefs..The only time they might influence me is if it were the Gospel according to St Weed. I shall gladly be a convert,,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information