+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nigerian Crooks Making headlines In Ghana

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Nigerian Crooks Making headlines In Ghana

A Nigerian pastor, Monday Tufe Kpanoko, has been arrested by personnel of the Vetting and Crime Analyses (VCA) Unit of the Ghana Police Service for fraud.

The 43-year-old self-styled apostle, who is a member of the Evangelistic Vine Ministry at Nungua, Accra, was arrested on July 20, 2010 for dubbing documents on the internet containing some exploration works of Newmont Gold Ghana Limited and using it to defraud a Canadian investor.

According to the Director of VCA, Superintendent Denis Ako-Dem Abade, Kpanoko posed as a Ghanaian businessman who had a gold concession at Nyafoman in the Eastern Region for sale.

Using the name Michael Frimpong, he managed to contact one Canadian investor via the internet to buy the concession at the cost of $10 million.

The man had also successfully obtained a Ghanaian passport with the name Felix Azuma and traveled severally outside the country with it.

The Director said his outfit had been monitoring the suspect after receiving complaints from the company that one Michael Frimpong was in possession of their exploration works and using the information to lure foreign investors into the country.

Kpanoko aka Frimpong is said to have convinced his victim that he had gold concession worth $10 million and was scouting for prospective clients.

Unfortunately for Kpanoko, his unsuspecting victim in Canada contacted a compatriot, who is a local employee of Newmont Gold Ghana, over his intention to buy the said concession of the company.

It was at this point that the victim, who had then sent some $500, upon Frimpong’s request to cater for some miscellaneous expenses, realized he was dealing with a fraudster.

He then liaised with his friend in Ghana to carry on with all further arrangements with the intention of getting the police to arrest Frimpong.

A meeting was arranged between the two at East Legon for further discussions on the investment, where the victim was also to pay a commitment fee of $200,000.00 (two hundred thousand dollars).

The police, who had then mounted surveillance in the area, popped up and arrested suspect Kpanoko.

During interrogation, Kpanoko admitted to the offence and indicated that he forged the documents to lure the investor into the country to invest.

The police boss said ongoing investigations had revealed that Kpanoko had contacted several other foreigners and duped them through similar means.

A search in his house revealed a Ghanaian passport and a visa electron card bearing the name Felix Azuma, as well as Western Union Money Transfer receipts indicating various sums of money he had collected from unsuspecting victims abroad.

He would soon be arraigned when the police complete their investigations.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 4th August 2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

TWO NIGERIANS who are masters in internet fraud, popularly known as ‘sakawa’, are in the grips of the Tema Regional Police command for a lottery scam and forging official documents of various government institutions in Ghana.

The two are Otisi Onuaha, a 35-year-old unemployed man and Maxwell King Chizoguzi, a 30 year-old businessman.

The suspects were said to have forged letterheads of the Ministry of Interior’s Finance Department, Ministry of Finance, Barclays Bank Limited, UniBank Ghana Limited, Sahel-Sahara Bank, Vodafone Global Lottery Promo and others.

In a press briefing, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Augustine Gyening noted that a few months ago, the security department of Vodafone Ghana Limited detected that someone had been operating a lottery scam in the name of Vodafone, adding that the situation raised a lot of concern in the company’s head office in the United Kingdom.

Prior to that, the company conducted investigations and discovered that it was Vodafone line number 0303403189 which was being used by Maxwell King Chizoguzi to carry out the criminal activity.

ACP Gyening said that the head of security of Vodafone Ghana lodged a complaint with the police and the suspects were arrested, adding that during their arrest, the police retrieved Toshiba and Dell laptops from the suspects when the police ransacked their place of operation.

When the laptops were checked, letterheads of various institutions including HFC Bank, Bank of Ghana Treasury Department, and High Court of Ghana were found.

ACP Gyening further stated that it was also observed that the suspects had written various forms of letters, using the above stated letterheads.

He disclosed that they presented the letters as if they were emanated from the institutions, instructing certain departments to pay some monies into various accounts.

The documents were retrieved and copies printed. On July 19 2010, letters and copies of the forged documents were sent to the various institutions whose letterheads were found on the accused persons’ laptops so as to find out if indeed the said letters were from the institutions.

The responses received from the institutions indicated that the documents were forged and did not come from their institutions.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

My brother, it's just sad how our people have been 419ed by these Naija fuckers. They claim Ghana has all the elements needed for their criminal activities and so they are flourishing because of the so called Ghanaian hospitality and naivety.

The pathetic part is that, Some Ghanaians are enabling these ---- heads to cripple our country. Go to Ghana and it will amaze you how many of them are fucking our women,abusing the system whiles laughing at us. They buy fraudulent Ghanaian passports and college degrees and blend in with the rest of us like nothing happened. If i were the president I will send them all back to their country like they did to us in the '80s.

Mega bro.....I realise you are quite sentimental about this issue but as much as you will want to see the President sending them back, that will not be possible. There is a lot going on when it comes to trade among ECOWAS countries, therefore the President cant take that overall decision to send all Nigerians back, remember there are Ghanaians in Nigeria too. If a criminal is caught, he/she can be deported but it wont be possible to send all of them. I believe there are some Nigerians who are not corrupt too but bad ones seem to be overshadowing the good ones.

Our own people have given them the chance to do what they do. They have Ghanaian counterparts supporting them in these activities. One place in Accra where you find them flaunting all they do and what they've got is the Spintex Road area. It is just pathetic. People cite hardship in the nation as being the cause of whats happening but........it is ridiculous.

CuTie, where was ECOWAS when Naija was enforcing "Ghana Must Go" in the 80's ? Ghanaians went to Nigeria to make honest living. They were teachers mostly,construction workers,carpenters etc. NOT criminals,yet the Nigerians treated Ghanaians like scum. What pisses me off is the gullible nature of Ghanaians i wont back down on what i said earlier. THROW DEM SCUMBAGS OUT ! I can swear most of them are undocumented; trust them to walk the streets of Ghana with impunity.

When i was in Ghana about 2 years ago,i was appalled by the way and manner these fuckers were robbing people at gun point and digging graves. Ghana has been raped by these people of all her innocence. I just will like for the Ghanaian government to take a stand and kick them out.

Knowing Ghanaman, all they will say is "Leave It In God's hands" meanwhile there is irreversible harm being done by these Naija blokes. Watch them launch a national day of prayer in order to rid Ghana of the Nigerians and their scams and devious motives.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 6th August 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    CuTie, where was ECOWAS when Naija was enforcing "Ghana Must Go" in the 80's ? Ghanaians went to Nigeria to make honest living. They were teachers mostly,construction workers,carpenters etc. NOT criminals,yet the Nigerians treated Ghanaians like scum. What pisses me off is the gullible nature of Ghanaians i wont back down on what i said earlier. THROW DEM SCUMBAGS OUT ! I can swear most of them are undocumented; trust them to walk the streets of Ghana with impunity.

When i was in Ghana about 2 years ago,i was appalled by the way and manner these fuckers were robbing people at gun point and digging graves. Ghana has been raped by these people of all her innocence. I just will like for the Ghanaian government to take a stand and kick them out.
    Mega
    Two wrongs dont make a right...you know that. The fact that the Nigerian government did that in the 80's doesnt make it right and yes ECOWAS was around that but there were trade barriers then which are not there now. It is to the extent of the construction of this gas pipeline across some of the countries including Nigeria and Ghana and so you see..it wont be that easy to just throw them out.

Our people need to take a stand as well in other for us to rid the nation of them. You cant have Ghanaians being cohorts with them and expect the Nigerians to stop

Cutie you have a valid point and i agree but it will feel good to evoke karma to our advantange by enforcing another Naija must go..lol In this case i plead prejudice and dare to say that the nigerian mindset is almost recidivist.

looool...Neo.....thanks but you know Karma wont work this way....

BBoy T

Default Nigerian in court for possessing ‘wee’

A 24 year old Nigerian has been arraigned before an Accra circuit court for allegedly concealing four wrappers of Indian hemp, popularly known as ‘wee’, in a television set.

The accused person, Adeyemi Owolabi Adewumi, a level 400 student of the University of Ghana, pleaded not guilty on the charge of possessing narcotic drug without authority.

He has been granted bail in the sum of GH˘10,000 with two sureties, one to be justified.

He is expected to re-appear before the court on October 11, 2010.

Narrating the facts of the case, the prosecutor, DSP Kofi Blagidzi told the court that the accused person on September 2, 2010, at about 7:00 am arrived at the station with his luggage to board one of the buses to Lagos.

He said as a normal practice, the luggage of all passengers had to be examined before they board the vehicle, however, whilst conducting checks on the various luggages, the complainant, Jackson Kobi, owner of the Chisec transportation, detected a parcel of substance and, therefore, informed the police to examine it.

The police, during its check suspected the substance, which was concealed in a television set, to be Indian hemp and therefore arrested Adeyemi Owolabi Adewumi.

According to the prosecutor, the accused in his cautioned statement denied knowledge of the substance.
    The case is still under investigations, the prosecutor said.

Hmmm as3m oooo......these Anago people dey mess up keke and they are in the country enjoying our meagre resources.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information