+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PHOTOS: Did Nadia Buari Boycott Sister's Engagement?

Default PHOTOS: Did Nadia Buari Boycott Sister's Engagement?

After several weeks and months of preparation, the much awaited engagement ceremony of former beauty queen and Miss Ghana 2002, Shaida Buari, came off last Saturday March 5, 2011 at Sid Theater Dzorwulu, in Accra, her family's residence.

Shaida, who was dressed like an Indian bride, was indeed a sight to behold. The elegant ceremony started a little after 10am on Saturday with a brief Muslim prayer offered by the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Osmanu Nuhu Sharabutu, after which the bridegroom, Olukunle Olusola Nubi, a Nigerian IT Consultant, was ushered through a brief traditional ceremony with both parents.

Conspicuously, missing on Shaida’s big day was her sister and silver screen movie star, Nadia Buari. Her visible absence was noticeable on her elder sister’s day of glory, and set tongues waging why she decided to absent herself from such an important family gathering.

Peacefmonlne.com spoke to father of the bride and former President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), Alhaji Sidiku Buari, on the absence of Nadia in sharing in the joy of her elder sister, who clarified that the gifted actress was out of town.

“Nadia has signed a two months contract to shoot a movie in America, so she is currently in America. We did all we could to ask for permission (from the producers and directors) to enable her attend the engagement...but the producers of the movie threatened to sue Nadia if she insisted on coming to Ghana. They said she can only come to Ghana after the contract is over,” Alhaji explained.

According to the renowned musician, Nadia was beside herself with tears when she realized there was no way she could attend her sister’s engagement, but there was nothing she could do about it because she had already committed herself in America. He, however, gave the assurance that Nadia will be present at Shaida’s wedding which will come off at a later date.

Among the guests present at the engagement ceremony were Former Vice President of Ghana, Alhaji Aliu Mahama, Ghana Movie Awards Founder, Fred Nuamah, Jackie Appiah’s manager Samira Yakubu, Miss Ghana 2004 Inna Mariam Patty, Miss Ghana 2010 Stephanie Karikari, sensational singer Chase, over 200 guests from Nigeria and a number of known and unknown faces.

Check out exclusive pictures from the ceremony below:

nice engagement. cant wait for the wedding

^ i agree. ayifro Dondooo!!!!

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Wishing them a blissful marriage. So is this just the engagement ? I thought you just drop one knee propose,down a couple of beers and call it a day lol Didn't know the engagement was in its self a whole ceremony. I must be from Pluto lol
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 10th March 2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Wishing them a blissful marriage. So is this just the engagement ? I thought you just drop one knee propose,down a couple of beers and call it a day lol Didn't know the engagement was in its self a whole ceremony. I must be from Pluto lol
    hahhahah yea i guess so

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

HAHA Chaps and you coming to Pluto with me.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

hellllllllll nooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    eeermmm Pope what you described is typical American engagement and the pictures depict affluent Ghanaian engagement. Typically engagements in Ghana involves the meeting of both families to exchange drinks not just the two of you meeting in a corner and saying we are engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    eeermmm Pope what you described is typical American engagement and the pictures depict affluent Ghanaian engagement. Typically engagements in Ghana involves the meeting of both families to exchange drinks not just the two of you meeting in a corner and saying we are engaged.
    Cutie, am actually acting out a typical ghanaian engagement for an African Night in my school. so if you have any ideas or perhaps videos i can watch to make it all better please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    Cutie, am actually acting out a typical ghanaian engagement for an African Night in my school. so if you have any ideas or perhaps videos i can watch to make it all better please let me know
    Ok sis...will inbox u.

Is she really Nadia's sister ? She looks nothing like her. Congrats to the couple.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeister View Post
    Is she really Nadia's sister ? She looks nothing like her. Congrats to the couple.
    yea, thats wat i thought. she isnt that fair either. it mite be a step sister

yea, thats wat i thought. she isnt that fair either. it mite be a step sister
    Chaps and Mega....this be konkonsa you two are doing, anyways maybe one resembles the father and the other, the mother.........hehehhehee

Chaps and Mega....this be konkonsa you two are doing, anyways maybe one resembles the father and the other, the mother.........hehehhehee

This is not konkonsa madam hehehehe. Nadia's sister looks just like her mother take a closer look at both parents. Nadia looks nothing like any of them.

This is not konkonsa madam hehehehe. Nadia's sister looks just like her mother take a closer look at both parents. Nadia looks nothing like any of them.
    hahahahahahaha weeeelllll bro......hmmmmm.....maybe Nadia looks like his grandmother on his father or mother's side..........how about that....lmaoooo

hahahahahahaha weeeelllll bro......hmmmmm.....maybe Nadia looks like his grandmother on his father or mother's side..........how about that....lmaoooo
    eiiiii cutie. lol

eiiiii cutie. lol
    hahahaha sis but I dey lie....we trying to find a connection ....lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information