+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heaven or Hell??

Default Heaven or Hell??

I was talking to my friend about the concept of heaven the other night. She is a Christian and I am agnostic. After we got past the standard line about how in order to go to heaven you have to accept Jesus as your saviour, a few things occurred to me, but I will try to narrow it down to one problem.

Hypothetically lets say I convert to Christianity and accept Jesus. Now when I die I am going to heaven. But what if the rest of my family, my friends, remained atheist/agnostic and went to hell.
    How am I in heaven if I am separated from the people I care about for all eternity?
    Would where I go still be considered heaven or is it hell?

What if my family and friends all go to heaven, but I go to hell...will they be happy in heaven while I burn in hell?

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
    I was talking to my friend about the concept of heaven the other night. She is a Christian and I am agnostic. After we got past the standard line about how in order to go to heaven you have to accept Jesus as your saviour, a few things occurred to me, but I will try to narrow it down to one problem.

Hypothetically lets say I convert to Christianity and accept Jesus. Now when I die I am going to heaven. But what if the rest of my family, my friends, remained atheist/agnostic and went to hell.
    How am I in heaven if I am separated from the people I care about for all eternity?
    Would where I go still be considered heaven or is it hell?

What if my family and friends all go to heaven, but I go to hell...will they be happy in heaven while I burn in hell?
    fed theories and stories about imaginable places. It all creates fear
    Last edited by Q' lypse; 12th July 2011 at 08:02 PM.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

heaven and hell are figments of the imagination ...... illusions but if u believe in it u may experience the illusion as real until u recognize it has illusion .... many near death experience accounts show many different accounts of heaven and hell for people who where pronounced clinically dead for sometime b4 coming back to their physical body....

wat u believe u will most likely experience even if ur belief is based on illusions .... that is the power of beliefs
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

microunique

Heaven or hell both the places are not true in reality. It is just a creation of mind to do good things & to avoid bad things. In this world every action has its reaction. what youe get is what you pay to the world. For good & sincere minded peoples this whole world becomes a heaven and for bad guy it just remain as a hell. It all just depend upon our good deeds or bead deeds each one of them gives its good or bitter taste fruit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information