+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tattoos: culturally accepted norm and spite against god?

Default Tattoos: culturally accepted norm and spite against god?

I've always been told that (if god exists) he doesn't favor symbolism outside the christian church. Much less anything that takes away from worshiping him. As askew as this topic sounds, are tattoo's really that diminishing to the body spiritually?

i have 3 tattoo's and one is of a cross i hope God accepts, that i was thinking of my faith for him when i got that done

Enchantress, are you trying to tell me or yourself that, because you draw a symbol on your body...your creator will be deny you? Hm

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Our bodies will be food for the termites when we die hence, what you put on the flesh means nothing to God. What God wants most is your soul- loving Him with all your might and all your soul, doing His will and obeying His commandments.
    Sin can be defined as "anything that comes between you and God." Or " Anything becomes a stumbling block between you and God"
    If your tattoo makes you flout His laws then it's safe to say God will definitely hate it. Some wear religious themed tatoos like crosses,Bible verses etc albeit,wreaking havoc on their fellow man. Others wear skulls and bones and are devout Christians,spiritual and adhere to all the laws of Christ.

THE LAWS IN THE BOOK OF LEVITICUS WERE WRITTEN AS A GUIDELINE FOR JEWS AT THE TIME OF THE EXODUS TO LIVE THEIR LIVES IN WAYS THAT WERE HONORING TO GOD, AND DID NOT REFLECT PAGAN CULTURE. (WHICH AT THE TIME WAS EXTREMELLY RAMPANT.)
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Quote Originally Posted by APPLES View Post
    i have 3 tattoo's and one is of a cross i hope God accepts, that i was thinking of my faith for him when i got that done
    eii apples ..... so where are the locations of those tattoos??? lololololol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    Enchantress, are you trying to tell me or yourself that, because you draw a symbol on your body...your creator will be deny you? Hm
    eii barima ...... i seldom see u here

good to see u ......

Quote Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
    I've always been told that (if god exists) he doesn't favor symbolism outside the christian church. Much less anything that takes away from worshiping him. As askew as this topic sounds, are tattoo's really that diminishing to the body spiritually?
    enchantress..... im sure u intuitively kno that mundanely speaking, a tattoo will not diminish any spiritual element from the body.......

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    eii barima ...... i seldom see u here

good to see u ......
    chalay its ghanaweb what do you think. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    chalay its ghanaweb what do you think. lol.
    lol ..... i know ....... the book discussion and zion's re-incarnation issues ....... bad combination pa ..... hahahaha

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    eii apples ..... so where are the locations of those tattoos??? lololololol
    eiiiiiiiiiiiiii kofi why they are on my arms, no where special alight mate

Quote Originally Posted by APPLES View Post
    eiiiiiiiiiiiiii kofi why they are on my arms, no where special alight mate
    lol ... just asking ooo .... thinking of getting a meaningful tattoo in the near future ......
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 22nd August 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Personally, i do not think God gives a damn about tattoos. The only reason i disapprove of tattoos has nothing to do with religion but slavery. I am not a slave anymore to have a mark on my skin to be identified by my master.
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 28th August 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Personally, i do not think God gives a damn about tattoos. The only reason i disapprove of tattoos has nothing to do with religion but slavery. I am not a slave anymore to have a mark on my skin to be identified by my master.

i agree..... tattoos evaluation should be on a person to person basis rather than using an egotistical fear mongering god created by the human ego to control the masses as an evaluation tool

ps:neo i was trying to quote u b4 but it seems like i clicked the edit button and posted my response afterward ........ that is the reason for the editing comment on the bottom of ur original post......

I pray for the day i'll see Lil Wayne at age 80 with his tats. hehe

Bump!
    Agent Provocateur

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information