+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should you marry out of love or out of money?

Default Should you marry out of love or out of money?

If you love someone but the financial part of your marriage will be hard/difficult/stressful, do you still get married. Or do you marry someone that will be supportive financially but you don't necessarily love them?

i think both are important, you both equally for the marriage to succeed and last for a life time.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual Pirate View Post
    If you love someone but the financial part of your marriage will be hard/difficult/stressful, do you still get married. Or do you marry someone that will be supportive financially but you don't necessarily love them?
    Pirate,
    You raise a good question here but I believe we should marry out of love and not money. The reason being that someone with money can lose it withing a twinkle of an eye. What will you do if you marry someone because of his money and he loses it whether through his fault or through no fault of his. Do you decide to leave him because he is now poor or you still go ahead to stay with him? Lets take for instance, Job in the Bible who lost everything he had including his children in the shortest possible time you can ever imagine......if his wife married him because of his money ...I'm sure that woman will have left him.

On the other hand if you marry because of love both of you can work together through thick and thin to get money for yourselves. You understand each other and a lot of tension and issues that are raised in marriages because of money will not be a problem for you. There are a lot of people who have married out of love and worked together to build empires and are still going strong.

Sometimes, either case will not work if you dont make the right choice in a partner.

Sometimes, either case will not work if you dont make the right choice in a partner.
    You got that spot on Cutie. Love as an affection can equally evaporate out of the blue.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Love is the bedrock on which any marriage should ideally be based upon. A very young but wise woman, once said to me " money comes and goes but true love will always stand the test of time."

Cutie summed it all up.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Pope,
    I will like to meet this young woman...she is indeed an inspiration to me.

bump

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information