The much anticipated grand Launch of the 12th edition of the prestigious MTN Ghana Music Awards Festival is scheduled to take off on Friday February 25, 2011 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra.

The Nominees for all the public categories will be unveiled and celebrated at this grand unveiling after which the list will be published in the media to allow the general public to vote their favourite to win awards at the main event night.

The juicy award package that the organizers and sponsors have for the winners will be unveiled at the launch which is usually accompanied by glitz and glamour. The time table for the celebrations will also be made known to the media and the music industry professionals.

The Golden Tulip Hotel poolside will be transformed into a stage that will set the tone for this year’s main Awards night, a Festival of music that is marked on the entertainment calendar as the highest point of entertainment and music in Ghana.

The MTN Ghana Music Awards Festival is expected to culminate in a glamorous night of high fashion and music. The grand launch was preceded by series of meetings with key industry professionals to set the basis for the awards scheme and compile the Nominees list for this year.

One thing to note throughout the campaign is that for the Public Categories, the general public makes up 30 per cent of the decision of who wins what while the Planning and Selection Committees share the remaining 70 percent.

The Industry Categories which are more technical and require expertise rather than popularity say as to the decision on who wins what rests on the Planning and Selection Committees which is made up of industry professionals.

Find the current list of categories in the GMA 2011 scheme below:

Public Category Artiste(s) of the Year, Hiplife/Hip Hop Artiste(s) of the Year , Highlife Artiste(s) of the Year , Gospel Artiste(s) of the Year, Discovery of the Year, Best Collaboration of the year, African Artiste(s) of the Year, Hiplife Song of the Year, Highlife song of the Year , Most Popular Song of the Year, Afro-Pop Song of the Year, Hip Hop Song of the Year, Gospel Song of the year, Reggae Song of the Year, Best Rapper of the year.

The Industry categories are: Album of the Year, Best Male vocal performance (Solo/Group), Female vocal performance (Solo/Group), Best Music Video of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Record Label of the Year, Producer of the Year, Traditional Artiste(s) of the Year, Record of the Year, Instrumentalist of the Year, MUSIGA Merit of the Year