+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frenchwoman admits to killing 8 babies

Default Frenchwoman admits to killing 8 babies

By CBC News, cbc.ca

Frenchwoman admits to killing 8 babies

A Frenchwoman has confessed to suffocating eight of her newborns, but said her husband and father of the babies never knew she was pregnant, the BBC is reporting Thursday.

Dominique Cottrez, 47, told prosecutors she had not wanted to be expecting and hid her pregnancies from her husband, the BBC reported.

Prosecutor Eric Vaillain said Thursday the woman faces charges of manslaughter against minors less than 15 years old.

The couple was detained Tuesday after the bodies of eight babies were discovered on two different properties in Villers-au-Tertre, near the city of Lille in northern France.

Police on Wednesday sealed the doors, gate and windows of one of the houses where the remains of some of the babies were discovered.

The remains of two bodies were found wrapped in plastic bags at a house formerly owned by the couple. The other six bodies were found wrapped in closed plastic bags and hidden under objects in the garage of their current home, according to the BBC report.

Not the first case

France has seen a string of cases in recent years of mothers killing their newborns and saving and hiding the corpses.

In one case, Céline Lesage was sentenced in March to 15 years in prison after acknowledging in court that she killed six of her newborns, whose corpses were found in plastic bags in her basement in northwest France.

Another Frenchwoman, Véronique Courjault, was convicted last year of murdering three of her newborn children. Her husband discovered two of the corpses in a freezer while the two were living in South Korea. During the trial psychiatrists testified that she suffered from a psychological condition known as "pregnancy denial."

Germany also has seen similar cases.

In one, a woman was convicted of manslaughter in 2006 and sentenced to the maximum 15 years in prison for killing eight of her newborn babies and burying them in flower pots and a fish tank in the garden of her parents' home near the German-Polish border.

With files from The Associated Press

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/cbc-art...entid=25029886

Are kidding me, like is this for real. She killed 8 babies and she gets only 15 years in prison. They should lock her up and throw away the keys, and get her some help because she is not mentally stable to be able to kill 8 innocent and angelic babies. I'm even shocked that she can have 8 babies and her husband is oblivious to her even being pregnant. How and where did she deliver these babies? Wow! I'm lost for words.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

This dastardly act of women murdering ther children is becoming rampant. As recent as 3 days ago, there was a similar story where three children were found murdered by their mother who also took her own life. The initial suspect was the thirteen year old son who was said to be mentally unstable. However further investigations led to the the mother being the murderer.

There was also a story on SKY news about a family found dead somewhere in the UK.....
    makes me sad and angry !

I say hung these cowards who commit these senseless crimes like that of your story.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

I couldn't agree more bro. Society is gradually deteriorating and it really breaks my heart to read such news.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information