+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Job Advice

Default Job Advice

JOB SEARCH ADVICE

www.meetup.com, my friend Lee informed me of this great networking that is open to persons of all backgrounds who see to meet and learn from or share their knowledge. I went to the site because I want to finally get out there and work in the field I studied in school. Gladly I found a group, next step is actually attending the networking sessions.

 Luciano Santini, http://motivationkey.blogspot.com/ and
    www.motivationkey.com/
    http://ilivetodayav.ning.com/profile...ationface-book
    I attended a workshop at a local state run job search agency that gave me the following information.
    o Create business cards that include a your name, skills, position you see, certifications/degrees. Vista.com does these business cards at thrifty prices, I also know Office Depot does about a thousand for $20. In any case, when you attend job fairs or go for information interview and perhaps even networking, present your business card alongside your resume. Chances are you will stand out to the potential employer who was to care like 300plus resumes(which are heavy) and your business card will be in his/her pocket which will jog a memory for him to call you.

o Time Management From the Ole Country, what are you doing with your time? Take this exercise into consideration
     7days is equaled to 168hours  so in this case 168-34=134
     sleep= 35hours a week
     meals= 9hours a week
     family=40hours a week

 -----------------Total=34  134 hours a week of time wasted, what could I be doing with this time?
     Add up and minus these hours from 168hours in a week  What dreams could I be working on to realize?
     The leftover hours are what you are wasting. 

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Okay so this week I started a new job at a major hospital in my city in California. The hiring manager hired me right after the 30minute interview she had with me exclaiming that she had never brought someone on her team that quick.

Her advice to me "between you and me" she said, "you applied for the position of Sitter but in one year time I will not stop you from transitioning to a totally different position that you can qualify for"

So essentially it took me back to something I learned at Luciano Santini's seminar in which he encouraged me to declare all my educational qualifications even if it far exceeds the position I'm applying for. And I happy to say it worked with a future of promised dividends.

Im super excited but at the same time scatter brained cause now I know I have people in high places watching me and I have no idea who there are or alliances they may have with my boss. It feels good but at the same time its such an unfamiliar territory for me to have a potentially powerful circle of influence

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Congrats Fahsionista. send me my cut of your first paycheck hahahahaha
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Congrats Fahsionista. send me my cut of your first paycheck hahahahaha
    lolololololololololololololol ..... fashnista .... also dont forget to send a few dollars to this starving african ....

kumbaya ....

hehehehehehehhe
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Congrats dear .. Also waiting for my cut. I take it the first pay is already gone,, lol

oh you guys are too much. (smiling hard) all the accolades are welcome ya'll are too much....so keep them fingers crossed!!!

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Fashionista,ermmm,don't forget to send a bottle of Dom Perignon. I need to celebrate on your behalf. hahaha
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

ei asem ohh Africans! well just this once I will celebrate and give gifts....let loose some, just this once

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information