As said in Romans in the bible, slaves were to be treated fairly and humanly. so they were really treated like servants, so the ones who beat and raped their slaves, they were not real Christians.

Oh really?

Because real Christians ignore the Bible?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If he himself (the person who buys the man's daughter) marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Oh, I see what you mean by fair and humane...after being sold by her own father for the purpose of sex slavery, she'll be raped repeatedly, but won't starve to death and still gets to wear clothes; how chivalrous.

Read on!

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Those real Christians...fair and humane...not like those evil fake Christians.

Really?

You and i know these verses were written by man. But i guess i am taking the Bible too literally to understand. Right?

Bullshit!!