+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Half of a Yellow Sun to Be Made Into A Film

Default Half of a Yellow Sun to Be Made Into A Film

Chimamanda Adichies novel, Half of a Yellow Sun is soon to be introduced to audiences on the big screen. Speaking at a recent book signing in Australia, Chimamanda noted that she would not be involved in any aspect of the movie production. She did note that she expects that the storyline will remain true to the book as the production team that produced The Last King of Scotland will be producing this film.

Chimamandas achievements and accolades continue to grow and this year has been a particularly rewarding one. Chinua Achebe has noted that she is truly gifted; she won the prestigious Orange Prize for Fiction for Half of a Yellow Sun in 2007; the novel received accolades from the literary world including mentions in CNN and the Washington Post. She won a MacArthur Foundation fellowship, popularly known as a genius grant, which came with an obligation-free annual grant of $100,000 for a five-year period; and somehow found time to author a new book, The Thing Around Your Neck (a collection of stories).

What is the book about?

Its about the Biafran War
    Quote Originally Posted by ;7171
    Both my grandfathers were interesting men, both born in the early 1900s in British-controlled Igbo land, both determined to educate their children, both with a keen sense of humor, both proud. I know this from stories I have been told. Eight years before I was born, they died in Biafra as refugees after fleeing hometowns that had fallen to federal troops. I grew up in the shadow of Biafra. I grew up hearing 'before the war' and 'after the war' stories; it was as if the war had somehow divided the memories of my family. I have always wanted to write about Biafranot only to honor my grandfathers, but also to honor the collective memory of an entire nation. Writing Half of a Yellow Sun has been my re-imagining of something I did not experience but whose legacy I carry. It is also, I hope, my tribute to love: the unreasonable, resilient thing that holds people together and makes us human.-Chimanda Ngozi Adichie

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information