+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Did God Create Satan?

Default Why Did God Create Satan?

This pondering upon this subject came to me after reading Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason. Obviously the book is a refutation upon Christianity and comes from a Deist point of view; as Thomas Paine self proclaimed.

He questioned why God, if we are to believe Him to be loving of His creation would create a being that would knowingly turn against Him. Why would He allow Satan to seduce Eve in the Garden of Eden? Why would He create a being that would have infinitely increasing powers that would allow him to: escape Hell and have the same powers of omnipotences upon the very people God has professed His love towards?

Well, if everything is true I don't think "God" purposely created a soul which would turn against him. That soul made that decision. If Good and Evil exist in the afterlife, then they are exactly opposite of each other. So they may be on different dimensional planes, which some believe.

That may explain why some believe Satan or Evil can manifest in this dimension on Earth more than Good can, because Evil is on a lower level closer to us on Earth, especially those whose spirits are not as developed. Just throwing something out there.

Let me just have a little fun here because that is what it is.

In the bible, in Job, you can see clearly these two entities are playing a game. Satan, every morning along with other wing flying creatures known as angels go up to God to greet him. No, my bad, God hadn't seen his old nemesis Satan in a while. One time, he joins the other angels to say good morning to his old enemy, God. God asks him first, nigga, where have you been all this time? You don't come and greet your old best friend? Satan says, I've been cruising the planet earth small small, you know how it is? Its boring out there.

God tells him he has a preposition for him. Satan says to him, are you serious, its been a while my man, we haven't had fun in a while, you sitting in your chair all day listening to the same ol choir. Don't you get tired of it? God says, tell me about it (rolling his eyes). (You can tell its obvious these choir members bore him to death, you know?)

So God says, have you met my little nigga Job? That homie has faith in me pa pa. I bet you this platinum bling chair I'm sitting on, you can't change his mind. Satan replies, really, no shaking, I'm game.

God tells Satan the conditions. You can use AK47 and 'drive by' all his animals, his whole family and send hood niggas to rob his crib, BUT, you can't put a cap in his as.s. You hear me? Satan says, well, I see no problem here. Lets do this!

Satan starts, Job loses everything, I mean every bloody thing, his pork chops, beef jerky, pop corn, his woman, his kids, his possessions including that expensive diamond watch he bought for himself, his 40th birthday, nigga even lost his crib and clothes. The guy wasn't washing from being outdoors so long, he gets some infection and has sores and boils all over his body. But Satan takes credit for all of that.

But no shaking, Job still loved his God. So in the end God wins this bet. Once again Satan has lost. But he didn't start this fight this time around. Maybe if he had protested, he would have won the case because God might have known the end result. It was his game after all.

Its all a game.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

But on a serious note, lets look at this physical reality. We have the two poles, good and evil, white and black, male and female etc etc. But all in all, its all one. WE are int his realm to experience life in a different form. I think in the bible, God even says, everything came from him. That is, all is him. If you wanna believe in this good vs evil, god vs satan movie flick, good for you. If you wanna live life in a way where you see obstacles or hardships, (personally I call them challenges) as a way for us to grow, then good for you.

I'm out
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

jamfrica

Quote Originally Posted by The Informer View Post
    This pondering upon this subject came to me after reading Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason. Obviously the book is a refutation upon Christianity and comes from a Deist point of view; as Thomas Paine self proclaimed.

He questioned why God, if we are to believe Him to be loving of His creation would create a being that would knowingly turn against Him. Why would He allow Satan to seduce Eve in the Garden of Eden? Why would He create a being that would have infinitely increasing powers that would allow him to: escape Hell and have the same powers of omnipotences upon the very people God has professed His love towards?
    God could have made us like robuts, insted he set two road before us, like everone satand just wanted to see how far he could go.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Interesting observation Jamfrica.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

God created Soul out of spiritual necessity.The lower worlds including earth was created as schoolroom for Soul.A teacher was needed.So God put the Negative Power(Satan) in charge of there training schools.So Satan is a coworker with God.Satan gets his power from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwame Nyame View Post
    God created Soul out of spiritual necessity.
    God created soul?

GOD created a part of itself?

We are struggling to explain something that is beyond time and language.Soul has no beginning nor end.So there cannot be a creation date.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

If God hadn't created Satan how can one know the difference between good and bad or differentiate between right and wrong ??
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

the definition of God here is very limiting ........ lets expand that to better assist us in understanding the topic better ........

the idea that god is some single entity somewhere in the universe apart from others or differentiable from others is limiting and will produce limiting answers ...... (of course imho)

now god is the all of it ........ the combination of all energies that form arises from ...... all that is .......
    now did god create the devil ...... in other words if the devil exist ....... did the devil arise from the total energy which is god????
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwame Nyame View Post
    We are struggling to explain something that is beyond time and language.Soul has no beginning nor end.So there cannot be a creation date.
    Kwame, you said God 'created' soul

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    Kwame, you said God 'created' soul
    Ok lets try this angle.God created Soul before time began.lt the same problem scientists face in determining the beginning of the universes.Creation began before time.Now how do you determine the beginning of time?How do you use a knife to cut itself?
    l think telepathy,poetry and parables are some of the ways used by sages to bypass this problem.This is also why it is said that God cannot be defined;only experienced.And those who experience God fail to describe or define lt.
    l am not God Realized.So you realized the best l can do here is speculate or wild guesses.l wouldn't even know if l got it right since l don't know God.
    A headache is even coming on doing this mental acrobatics.Hahahahaha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information