+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homeless Man Becomes An Overnight Star

Default Homeless Man Becomes An Overnight Star

You won't believe your ears. Ted Williams, a former radio announcer who now panhandles on the side of I-76 in Columbus, Ohio, serenaded a Columbus Dispatch reporter recently with his amazing voice.

Carrying a sign that says he has a "god-given gift of a great voice," Williams told the Dispatch:

"I just said, well, hey. I can't be an actor, I can't be an on-air personality, but the voice just became something of a development over the years and I went to school for it. And then alcohol and drugs and a few other things became a part of my life. I've got two years clean, and I'm trying hard to get it back. And hopefully somebody from one of these television or radio stations will say, 'hey, I need a voice-over,' or ' I need something.'"

The "golden-voiced" homeless man became an overnight star on YouTube, with more than 4 million views. His story has already been featured on CNN and according to CBS News, he may have a few job offers coming his way.

CBS reported:[YouTube] commenters have already begun offering Williams possible job opportunities in Columbus. And a local morning radio show -- Dave and Jimmy on Clear Channel-owned WNCI -- will be interviewing Williams Wednesday and has hinted it might offer him work.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Check out the before and after photo of Ted Williams. What a way to start a new year.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Yes, what a way. I also found this video

Cleveland Cavaliers have given him a job as an announcer plus an apartment, Entertainment TV magazine show,The Insider has also hired him as presenter on the show. Ted Williams has over 50 job offers ranging from radio gigs to voice overs. He may also have a movie filmed about his life in the works.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 7th January 2011 at 01:25 AM.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

great story ..... ur life is never never over ..... it cannot ....... life is not against u...... stop getting in ur own way ...
    great story ....
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Talking from a clinical point of view, there is a 90% chance of the attention he's getting coupled with rapid rise to fame causing him to relapse. I hope his benefactors get him the needed assistance to help him cope.

Quophi you are right. It's not over until it's over-life has a way of righting some wrongs. I'm happy for this guy,I hope he doesn't abuse this second chance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information