+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invictus

Default Invictus

So i was watching "Invictus" and started thinking and these are my thoughts.

How many times will africans sit there for foreigners (Americans and Hollywood) to always celebrate their own african history and pride for them and end up making money from us. They read about us and our past and make movies out of them.

So far, thses are the movies i can remember them using our history and making movie and money out of them:
    "Invictus"
    "Sarafina"
    "The No.1 Private Detective Agency"

Thank God, people like Leila Djansi is helping us remember what our roots are and also depicting more of Africa in her movies.

I cant wait to watch a movie that talks about the events that led to our independence in Ghana such as, a movie about THE BIG SIX, THE CHRISTIANBORG CROSSROADS SHOOTING, and even KWAME NKRUMAH.
    Even our novelists have stopped writing good African novels. All the african novels available are dated 1990s and 1980s.

I wish i was that talented and i can show the world the african culture in our movies and novels. Please everyone, feel free to comment on this. what do you think. is what am saying not true? very true they are.

Africa rise up and show the world that we are proud of our culture and will show the whole world whom we actually are. I rest my case.

Spot on dear. Sent from my phone.will comment properly when I get home

If you were my daughter I'd give you a kiss and a hug lil sis. Well said, well thought out, if these are your first thoughts then i can only imagine your well researched presentations on the issue at hand to stakeholders in the African Film Industry

In a lot of ways you talent of persuasion is all that is needed on this issue. I know for a fact the people with the power to do something about this canker(some of which you have mentioned Leila Djansi and co) read from websites and blogs like these. An in this forum there is a future Jetta Amatta(dir of Amazing Grace-nollywood version about the slave trade and the origins of the song Newton wrote upon hearing it sung by Igbos) or Leila Djansi who will read your thoughts. That is one of the pleasures of having a Think Tank, it is essentially a place to hash out ideas that need addressing and somewhere down the line a change will come. It is incrimental. This phenomenon can explain the first appearance of a black man in a lead romantic role in a Hollywood film(this did not come about till about 50yrs after the start of any kind of film industry) and now look where we are.

Anyway, its only a matter of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    So i was watching "Invictus" and started thinking and these are my thoughts.

How many times will africans sit there for foreigners (Americans and Hollywood) to always celebrate their own african history and pride for them and end up making money from us. They read about us and our past and make movies out of them.

So far, thses are the movies i can remember them using our history and making movie and money out of them:
    "Invictus"
    "Sarafina"
    "The No.1 Private Detective Agency"

Thank God, people like Leila Djansi is helping us remember what our roots are and also depicting more of Africa in her movies.

I cant wait to watch a movie that talks about the events that led to our independence in Ghana such as, a movie about THE BIG SIX, THE CHRISTIANBORG CROSSROADS SHOOTING, and even KWAME NKRUMAH.
    Even our novelists have stopped writing good African novels. All the african novels available are dated 1990s and 1980s.

I wish i was that talented and i can show the world the african culture in our movies and novels. Please everyone, feel free to comment on this. what do you think. is what am saying not true? very true they are.

Africa rise up and show the world that we are proud of our culture and will show the whole world whom we actually are. I rest my case.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

true say chapati .... but it will change ..... it is changing .....

btw wetin be "The No.1 Private Detective Agency" ????
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    true say chapati .... but it will change ..... it is changing .....

btw wetin be "The No.1 Private Detective Agency" ????
    Thats a movie produced by the director who produce and directed "Invictus" and its setting is in Botswana but the leading roles were played by americans

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information