+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastic Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Eii, you have a double D? SYc is enjoying paa. I could imagine how he would be mia-ing the forfor.
    eeeiiii braaa u dey dream about sis Hali's forfor.......Sister Hali ....Breastina Naa Forfor

no comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    fioooooooooooooo
    lolol .... oh gyai saaa ..... na u no say we men dey look for something soft lay our heads

lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

no comment
    No comment ?? better start commenting.Your Triple Ds are.......
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 3rd February 2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

I am for plastic surgery. Let me shed some light on this by sharing my experience with you.

At age 31, I was perfectly content with my body. Plastic surgery is something which I had never even considered. Little did I know that, six months later, I would undergo major plastic surgery. Two weeks after my 31st birthday, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Following several months of chemotherapy, I had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery in which three surgeons worked together to remove my breast that contained the cancer and build a new breast for me. One surgeon was a breast surgeon, and the other two were plastic surgeons. It was nice to wake up from surgery knowing that I had a two breasts. I wasn't pleased with how I looked but I had two breasts, and that was important to me. I could have chosen not to have reconstructive surgery. I could have worn a prosthesis instead, or I could have just walked around with one breast. Plastic surgery was not necessary to save my life; rather, it was a quality of life issue for me. Several follow-up surgeries were needed to revise what was done initially. Finally, all was completed, and I am very satisfied with the result.

It's easy for people to say they would or would not have plastic surgery, but you never know until you are faced with the decision. I think there are some important things to keep in mind when considering plastic surgery. First of all, there are risks associated any time you have surgery. These risks include death, stroke, bleeding, infection, etc. People who are not healthy (such as those who are morbidly obese or who smoke) have a higher likelihood of such risks. Also, hospitals are full of germs. You risk getting an infection whenever you spend time there. At the same time, it is important to have plastic surgery performed at a hospital by a qualified surgeon. Some people chose to let people who are not board certified plastic surgeons perform "plastic surgery" on them in non-hospital facilities such as in someone's home. This is extremely dangerous. Secondly, plastic surgery often involves follow-up surgeries. This can can be short-term follow-up such as the ones I had to tweak my body, or long-term follow-up. For example, breast implants do not last forever. They need to be replaced about every 10 years. This can be done on a outpatient basis (i.e. it can be done in one day and does not require an overnight stay in the hospital), but it involves all the same risks associated with anesthesia and surgery I mentioned above. A third point is that plastic surgery is not perfect. Everyone is different, and you must have realistic expectations. A breast implant can develop capsular contracture in which a hard shell of scar tissue develops around the implant. Breast implants can rupture. Unsightly scars or keloids can develop. Need I go on?

Again, I think quality of life cannot be overemphasized here. I know women who are not overweight yet they have very large breasts which cause them to have chronic back pain. They have considered breast reduction surgery so that they will no longer have back pain. Also, women who have BRCA I or BRCA II genetic mutations are advised to have both of their breasts removed because they are at high risk of developing breast cancer. They often go forward with prophylactic mastectomies and choose to have reconstructive surgery to replace their breasts. I think that is very appropriate.

Abena, true talk there. Well said. Welcome to the forum.

nice addition to the topic jen ..... plastic surgery in and of itself is not good or bad ....... the human mind bring all this valued judgement to it due to beliefs and concepts ...... someone who is deeply against plastic surgery in his/her mind but is presented with a situation by other aspects of him/her that requires plastic surgery will most likely go through complications depending on how strong the judgement on plastic surgery is and the nature of the judgement to show that he or she is not crazy .......

definitions, beliefs, concepts ....... very important in ur experiences and tapestry of ur life ....

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    nice addition to the topic jen ..... plastic surgery in and of itself is not good or bad ....... the human mind bring all this valued judgement to it due to beliefs and concepts ...... someone who is deeply against plastic surgery in his/her mind but is presented with a situation by other aspects of him/her that requires plastic surgery will most likely go through complications depending on how strong the judgement on plastic surgery is and the nature of the judgement to show that he or she is not crazy .......

definitions, beliefs, concepts ....... very important in ur experiences and tapestry of ur life ....
    Thanks for pointing that out. I completely agree. It's all about the human perspective.

Abena, to me, your reason for plastic surgery is good. Some pople do it for doing sake

Abena, to me, your reason for plastic surgery is good. Some pople do it for doing sake
    every doing is sponsored by a belief, thought or mental concepts ......

u mean u disagree with some of the reason why other people undergo plastic surgeries ????

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    every doing is sponsored by a belief, thought or mental concepts ......

u mean u disagree with some of the reason why other people undergo plastic surgeries ????
    yes. but am not judging them. it is their own decision

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information