+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung Launches Waterproof And Dustproof Version Of Its Galaxy S4

Default Samsung Launches Waterproof And Dustproof Version Of Its Galaxy S4

From spilt cups of tea to being dropped from on high, many a parents' mobile phone has fallen victim to adventurous children.

But one new handset - the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - claims to be waterproof, dustproof and even childproof.

The company is said to have designed the phone, which is a toughened version of its current S4 handset, specifically for parents to avoid accidents and damage caused by youngsters.

However, the handset's warranty doesn't cover damage caused by accidents, misuse, water damage, defects caused by 'sand or dirt', or 'neglect'.

The S4 Active costs 480. It was announced in May, but officially went on sale earlier this month.

Samsung calls it 'the perfect companion for exploration, activity and adventure'.

It has been designed to stay underwater for up to 30 minutes and take pictures with a waterproof camera.

The handset additionally comes with a water-resistant headphone jack and is inside a sealed case to keep out dust.

Its LCD screen has a Glove Touch component that means it can be used with gloves, too.

Luke Mansfield, head of Samsung's Europe innovation team told The Times the phone was designed with parents in mind.

He said: 'We know a lot of parents use their phones to show children content. We ended up going to a lot of family homes where we were shown a graveyard of smashed phones.'

Yet despite Samsung's durability claims, the warranty that comes with the phone doesn't cover certain types of damage the phone was designed to protect against.

According to the phone's how-to guide, users must also correctly cover the USB ports and claims the phone should not be used underwater until these steps have been taken.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is a direct competitor for Sony's Xperia Z, released in January, that has an 'anti-shatter film' on the screen, and is also water resistant up to one metre and 30 minutes.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

Ghana-chan

So since I'm the only newbie too have all the say on this forum today, I have to give a say on this topic too: Well I have HAD such ad device already 1994 in my hands, as one of the first, and it was not an improvement to my life. Now, as at 2013 I am going back to speak to my people in a natural way, and all I can say is, they DO NOT change our lifes in an important way. You can live without a celular phone, without google, fb or the internet. But you cannot live without your people, without your friends, without your fellows or without your mental teachers. We are lost without our tribe, without our family, without our fellows. without our brothers and sisters.

Ghana-chan

Ok. I forgot to say, we already have had a waterproof handy a few years ago. It still resides somewhere in our closet. Do you need it? We can take it out for you.

Ghana-chan

Women using this kind of stuff, but I do not.

decco1878

Default Asus

some phones like Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) ZB631KL beats that phone

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information