+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gur language

Neophyte

Default Gur language

I am researching Ghana Culture and West African Culture for understanding. Could Someone please tell me what does the word Gur as in the Gur language spoken in Ghana means. Could you provide some history about the people... ancient if any is available

Thanks

They are the original people of Ghana....modern Gur are the Guan people. They speak Guan but a vast majority speak either Akuapim, Krobo or Ga.....they are mostly in and around Akropong Suhum and to some extent parts of. Entire eastern region.

Then again I could be wrong but this is what I recall.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    They are the original people of Ghana....modern Gur are the Guan people. They speak Guan but a vast majority speak either Akuapim, Krobo or Ga.....they are mostly in and around Akropong Suhum and to some extent parts of. Entire eastern region.

Then again I could be wrong but this is what I recall.
    Thanks
    can you tell me what Gur means?

Quote Originally Posted by coyah View Post
    Thanks
    can you tell me what Gur means?
    You may want to reach out to African linguists in Ghana schools, for instance Winneba School of Education, KNUST has an excellent African linguistics preogream geared at the many languages of Africa

Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    You may want to reach out to African linguists in Ghana schools, for instance Winneba School of Education, KNUST has an excellent African linguistics preogream geared at the many languages of Africa
    getting answers from them for my non academic questions will be a tall task. I would like to know if there are any Ghana cultural centers in the U.S that I can ask these kind of questions?

Coyah
    Id like to encourage you to establish such a center in USA. Truthful to my word the Gur are a people much like Ewe and Ashanti are a people....its like asking if Apache or ScottsIrish has a meaning! Common boo, seldom to do names of a tribe or clan have a meaning.....Who told you about Gur? Why the curiosity about the epidemiology of the word?

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Neophyte

fashion Yaa

I am black American trying to get answers to questions for better understanding. They do have different African cultural organization in the US but I know no Ghana one. I believe your words; I just want in depth explanation to the people, name, ancestry etc. My research is biblically based. I have found a lot of words in Ebry (Hebrew) language that are exact matches in Bantu languages especially Zulu. A lot of names in Bible text can be found in Africa; so this is also leading me to get a better understanding of the people and culture on the continent...... I am researching, gathering what I can find to draw a conclusion

Hopefully this will appease your patience

raleighsimon

Default Gur language

The Gur languages, also known as Central Gur, belong to the Niger–Congo languages. There are about 70 languages belonging to this group.If you any doubt regarding research paper definitely you can approach

kelechigbe

Default Pass your WAEC, JAMB, SSCE, GCE, NABTEB, NECO with ease

Prepground.com helps you:

1. Pass your WAEC, JAMB, SSCE, GCE, NABTEB, NECO with ease by practising online simulated past questions.

2. It provides collaboration plateform to share your knowledge with others.

3. Download or play real tutorials for free

4. Post and comment on realtime forum

5. Keep history of all the simulated exams you take and advise your accordingly

Test ur readiness for JAMB, WAEC, GCE and NECO @ http://bit.ly/1K3GIAJ

Unregistered

Default more money making ways

check out this site to find out more exciting ways to earn money
    dollarduty.com/?id=2505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information