+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proof That the Bible is the Word of God

Default Proof That the Bible is the Word of God

Awesome video by rationalresponder demonstrating that the bible is not just a book written by men!

I love the approach and not just that but I love how we can see this work out practically in real life as he takes it to the street!

So I think it is well worth using. He uses 3 basic questions and then cuts to the chase. I think I will give this a try next time someone tells me the bible is just a book written by nothing more than men.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Damn, the interviewer got the interviewee cornered making ambiguous and arbitrary comments. I like his approach.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Informer, I don't know where this proof is coming from or why you even titled this thread that. We are still here and nothing has changed.

Pope, this guy found some random person on the street and started free styling. He's done his homework and obviously has found easy meat to feed on, to satisfy his ego. He should have met me, then we'll see how this so called proof or whatever he was trying to achieve, how far it would have gone. The last time I had a one on one like this was a boy in South London, Croydon 3yrs ago. I said only one thing and he couldn't speak. I felt sorry for him. He's chewed everything baba and when I suggested one thing, he looked like his flow had been interrupted. Guess not too many people know the bible in order to have a discussion with some of our Christian folks that think they are on missions to save souls.

Here are a few points I jot down from the things the interviewer said or asked and let's see how I can free style on it too. Let him have me cornered.

He talked about Isiah predicting the coming of Jesus. That its all written in the Bible? Ok, I don't know that whole text that talks about the coming of Jesus, but there was a long debate on Ghanaweb Osofo joint a couple of months ago and we have one guy there, 'Prime', who knows the bible by heart. He narrowed it all down. The whole Isiah prediction seemed to have squeezed Jesus in by people who wanted it so.

My question is, if its so clear about Isiah's predictions, how come the Jews don't believe it? Its their texts right and they know it by heart right? Truth is, it is not clear if he was talking about Jesus, but when you have fanatics and zealots campaigning for a name they support, forget it!

Did Jesus say he's taking the sins of the world on his shoulders?

Yes, Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life. Right! I would ask the interviewer, if Jesus is the truth, then what are you? What do you think you are?
    The dog, cat, mouse, plants, aren't they all life? Aren't you life? Get a life, my life! So there is you and there is life? You are life! The very life that you are is truth. And that if you are life, aren't you part of the father? God's children, a man's children, aren't they all sharing their father's dna? Aren't they all the way to their father? Jesus was only talking about himself as he usually did.

Whoever has seen me has seen the father. Heeeyy people jump in and say, yes, he's God. Didn't Genesis say God created man in his own image? So in looking at another human being, aren't you looking at God? So isn't Jesus just an example and showing it to us all? Why the separation? Read your bible properly and stop missing the point, stop focusing on ONE MAN, because in doing that, you are distracting yourself. Live his messages, his teachings, not praising him. What do you want, points in heaven?

Talking about SIN. I would ask, what is SIN? The word SIN is a Greek word which means MISSING THE TARGET, like an archer has missed his target. The spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle explains further by saying, missing the meaning of life and causing suffering and suffering in the end.

The interviewer in the end says 'he's a Christian'. What does that mean? I am a man, I am a woman, I am a Muslim, I am bipolar, I am gay, I am a teacher etc etc. Is that what you think you are? You might as well tell me your shoe size. It means nothing to me, tell me WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE, don't give me labels! If you can't, if you don't know, then you will go all the way giving me labels like a can of soup or packet of chips in a grocery store.

Come again!

I eat fundamentalists and religious fanatics like him for free.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

Nice write up Qlypse. But i think your rebuttal is predicated on a false quote rendering your whole argument cuckoo. The quote is " I am the way, the truth and the LIGHT. Not life. So, you have to reassemble your argument and try again. You have already stated that you are not well steeped in biblical doctrines, so your literary faux pas is excusable. Come again bro

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Nice write up Qlypse. But i think your rebuttal is predicated on a false quote rendering your whole argument cuckoo. The quote is " I am the way, the truth and the LIGHT. Not life. So, you have to reassemble your argument and try again. You have already stated that you are not well steeped in biblical doctrines, so your literary faux pas is excusable. Come again bro

John 14:6

New International Version (©1984)
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Jesus answered him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the Father except through me.

King James Bible
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

American King James Version
    Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.

American Standard Version
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Darby Bible Translation
    Jesus says to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father unless by me.

English Revised Version
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Weymouth New Testament
    "I am the Way," replied Jesus, "and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

World English Bible
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

Young's Literal Translation
    Jesus saith to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

You are right bro. It feels really weird that i got this wrong all along since childhood. Mind boggling. Always thought it was "light".

Thanks for the correction. I guess the faux pas is on me now.

u see this idea of God as a separate being existing somewhere in the skies is the foundation of this proof ....

God is not separate from anything ...... God is the essence imbued in everything ...... sum of the collective ... all.... is God and God .....is alll ..... by that definition then whose word is the bible???? God's of course because nothing exist outside God .....

but God in the definition is so broad and unlimited that whose word is the bible in general is God but the penetrating question is who within the God does the word of God belong to specifically ........ unconditional love or fear...... or both???? well both with varying degrees skewed towards fear ...... now obiaa ne ne taste ..... if u like to fear and fear...... if u like to love then love ... and u will attract things that match ur choice to u....
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You are right bro. It feels really weird that i got this wrong all along since childhood. Mind boggling. Always thought it was "light".

Thanks for the correction. I guess the faux pas is on me now.
    Nothing is on anybody Neo. We are all learning together but as you said, 'from childhood,' we all schooled to believe this and that. Unless we take the courage to zone ourselves out of these trends like the latest fashion, we will forever be zombies in our so called spiritual quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post

God is not separate from anything ...... God is the essence imbued in everything ...... sum of the collective ... all.... is God and God .....is alll ..... by that definition then whose word is the bible???? God's of course because nothing exist outside God .....
    God breathe into Adam, And Genesis 2:7 states this. "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and 'breathed' into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. The term "Spirit" translates the Hebrew word ruah, which, in its primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

In other words, GOD gave a part of itself (SPIRIT) into man. But the bible just simplifies it in only human terms. GOD is in everything. All these texts show us but we choose not to see them.

In the Gospel of Thomas Jesus said, "Lift the stone and there you will find me. Split the wood and I am there." Why is that? Isn't it because GOD is all and if one is part of the all, why wouldn't he say, I'm in the wind and in the trees at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    God breathe into Adam, And Genesis 2:7 states this. "the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and 'breathed' into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. The term "Spirit" translates the Hebrew word ruah, which, in its primary sense, means breath, air, wind.

In other words, GOD gave a part of itself (SPIRIT) into man. But the bible just simplifies it in only human terms. GOD is in everything. All these texts show us but we choose not to see them.

In the Gospel of Thomas Jesus said, "Lift the stone and there you will find me. Split the wood and I am there." Why is that? Isn't it because GOD is all and if one is part of the all, why wouldn't he say, I'm in the wind and in the trees at the same time?
    true dat .... in the gospel of mary fragments, it is documented jesus talked about such things .......

The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
    [The Gospel of Mary]

Chapter 4

(Pages 1 to 6 of the manuscript, containing chapters 1 - 3, are lost. The extant text starts on page 7...)

. . . Will matter then be destroyed or not?

22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.

34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

35) Follow after Him!

36) Those who seek Him will find Him.

37) Go then and preach the gospel of the Kingdom.

38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

39) When He said this He departed.

Ehi quophi, you have Gospel of Mary too? I shock sef

First it was "A Course in Miracles" now Gospel of Mary? Ehi!

Do you know how I searched for this text and haven't found it? Now you are prancing around here on this forum with it? Is that how it is brother minister? Ehi, my osofo partner brother!

true dat .... in the gospel of mary fragments, it is documented jesus talked about such things .......

The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
    [The Gospel of Mary]

Chapter 4

(Pages 1 to 6 of the manuscript, containing chapters 1 - 3, are lost. The extant text starts on page 7...)

. . . Will matter then be destroyed or not?

22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.

34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

35) Follow after Him!

36) Those who seek Him will find Him.

37) Go then and preach the gospel of the Kingdom.

38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

39) When He said this He departed.

Loving Gospel of Mary, loving it waaaa

Ehi quophi, you have Gospel of Mary too? I shock sef

First it was "A Course in Miracles" now Gospel of Mary? Ehi!

Do you know how I searched for this text and haven't found it? Now you are prancing around here on this forum with it? Is that how it is brother minister? Ehi, my osofo partner brother!
    lol bro i havent been able to get my hands on a hard copy yet....... its a short read of 4 chapters of so as most of the other chapters are lost ..... pdf's and websites are floating around with what is left of that gospel ....

Then 'swing wide' as my brother cousin Owura says. Drop it in ma inbox brother. Thanks.

Then 'swing wide' as my brother cousin Owura says. Drop it in ma inbox brother. Thanks.
    http://www.gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

the remaining fragments of G.O.M. is below .....

..... if u need the pdf i will sent it when i have my other laptop in my possession .....

http://www.gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

the remaining fragments of G.O.M. is below .....

..... if u need the pdf i will sent it when i have my other laptop in my possession .....

Thanks. Will appreciate it very much.............. Swing wide.......

Bump!
    Agent Provocateur

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information