+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restaurants close after 7pm, a law being considered

Default Restaurants close after 7pm, a law being considered

In Ghana, a doctor wants such a law to pass to help curtail cardio-vascular diseases.

I think this law has no chance of being passed cause we all know it is the agriculture industry that is Ghana's life blood and anything that can potentially affect it will be frowned upon.

I'd like to offer a solution for the dear doctor and business or fitness gurus. Why not offer your Exercise services directly to the people? For instance, a farmer might not have time to go to a gym but if you the fitness or health guru shows up on "market day" and lead them through a round of aerobics it could do a wealth of good in changing old habits. Here are other unusual places this can be done

* Taxi or Trotro ranks
    * Staff meetings
    *Parlaiment
    * Ministries
    *Restaurants
    * Churches/Mosques/Herbalist
    *a spot/Bars
    *Hotels

I think since the average Ghanaian cannot afford gym memberships and since this doctor is so quick to have taxpayers of GHana to support this bill, Parlaiment should consider adding a wing of Health Gurus to the Minister of Health's team that will be responsible to show up at these various locations and lead them in exercises. This certainly create jobs and at the same time the people don't have to sacrifice earning money.

Any views on the matter is welcomed

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

In Japan and Brazil, 12noon is designated as a time for the whole country to engage in stretching, samba and or aerobic exercises. I find it very inspirational and it could work elsewhere

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

This is hilarious. He is acting on the fatuous assumption that restaurants are the only places people can eat or cook. lol I got news for minister hotshot. Food is also prepared at home. Unworkable and useless proposal.

Fashion , you made some good points there, especially the exercise thing in Japan..

Thanks Neo, i too am on the same page as you, there is no way for this bill to pass in Parlaiment.

I remember the former Minister ofHealth the late General Quashigah wanted to encourage the various chieftancies in Ghana to set up Keep Fit Clubs or gyms in thier palaces and wish he could have lived to see through to that plan....all these gyms in ghana are so youth focused and upwardly mobile focused which is why I like the Japan/Brasil plan, it is open to all the people and a national "cultural" thing if you will

Anyway, sitting and watching
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This is hilarious. He is acting on the fatuous assumption that restaurants are the only places people can eat or cook. lol I got news for minister hotshot. Food is also prepared at home. Unworkable and useless proposal.

Fashion , you made some good points there, especially the exercise thing in Japan..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information