+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honoured, surprised, humbled; new appointees say

Default Honoured, surprised, humbled; new appointees say

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	961278232_966262.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	1006New ministerial appointees have welcomed their new portfolios and are grateful, but feel challenged to do a great job.

President John Mahama released his first batch of ministerial appointees, Friday and it included technocrats, party men, an educationist and a human rights advocate.

Nana Oye Lithur, known for her campaign against human right abuses is heading to the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection.

Her counterpart in education, and former Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast, Prof Naana Opoku Agyemang has also been appointed to the Education Ministry.

Hanna Tetteh, a consummate politician, a party woman, will now be a diplomat. She is heading to the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Mahama Ayariga returns to information dissemination at the Information Ministry with Dr Edward Omane Boamah heading for the Ministry of Communications.

The list of 12 appointees was sent to Parliament for approval today.

Meanwhile, the appointees have expressed delight with others surprised at their new positions.

Hanna Tetteh told Joy News’ Elton John Brobbey she is “extremely honoured” at the new portfolio given her.

She is the second woman in Ghana’s history to have been appointed into such a position.

Tetteh said she is challenged by her elevation and will put her best foot forward.

Member of Parliament for Anlo Constituency and Agriculture Minister designate Kofi Humado told Joy News he was surprised by his appointment.

According to him, he first heard the news about his appointment when the names were mentioned by the Speaker of Parliament Doe Adjaho on the floor of the House.

He was quick to add though that Agriculture has been his preoccupation and will do a great job.

Former Deputy Minister of Energy and now Minister of Lands and Natural Resources designate, Inusah Fuseini said he is “humbled” by the President’s decision to elevate him.

He said he will bring “enthusiasm, vigour and determination to succeed.”

Oye Lithur is the perfect choice for Gender, childrens ......ministry, she is an extremely well versed lawyer who was excellent leading one human rights Law Group in Ghana.
    I think her biggest challenge would be equal rights issues for the gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotyaw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	961278232_966262.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	1006New ministerial appointees have welcomed their new portfolios and are grateful, but feel challenged to do a great job.

President John Mahama released his first batch of ministerial appointees, Friday and it included technocrats, party men, an educationist and a human rights advocate.

Nana Oye Lithur, known for her campaign against human right abuses is heading to the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection.

Her counterpart in education, and former Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast, Prof Naana Opoku Agyemang has also been appointed to the Education Ministry.

Hanna Tetteh, a consummate politician, a party woman, will now be a diplomat. She is heading to the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Mahama Ayariga returns to information dissemination at the Information Ministry with Dr Edward Omane Boamah heading for the Ministry of Communications.

The list of 12 appointees was sent to Parliament for approval today.

Meanwhile, the appointees have expressed delight with others surprised at their new positions.

Hanna Tetteh told Joy News’ Elton John Brobbey she is “extremely honoured” at the new portfolio given her.

She is the second woman in Ghana’s history to have been appointed into such a position.

Tetteh said she is challenged by her elevation and will put her best foot forward.

Member of Parliament for Anlo Constituency and Agriculture Minister designate Kofi Humado told Joy News he was surprised by his appointment.

According to him, he first heard the news about his appointment when the names were mentioned by the Speaker of Parliament Doe Adjaho on the floor of the House.

He was quick to add though that Agriculture has been his preoccupation and will do a great job.

Former Deputy Minister of Energy and now Minister of Lands and Natural Resources designate, Inusah Fuseini said he is “humbled” by the President’s decision to elevate him.

He said he will bring “enthusiasm, vigour and determination to succeed.”
    Last edited by Fashion Yaa; 12th January 2013 at 05:47 PM.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    Oye Lithur is the perfect choice for Gender, childrens ......ministry, she is an extremely well versed lawyer who was excellent leading one human rights Law Group in Ghana.
    I think her biggest challenge would be equal rights issues for the gays.
    No offense.... but what is the point of that Ministry???

No offense.... but what is the point of that Ministry???
    Any family that has experienced abuse and has no where to turn go to that Ministry, what's great is they prosecute sexual predators and abusive (sexually or physically) men with the quickness.

I think with time it can be extended to victims of inequality due to sexual orientation.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Any family that has experienced abuse and has no where to turn go to that Ministry, what's great is they prosecute sexual predators and abusive (sexually or physically) men with the quickness.

I think with time it can be extended to victims of inequality due to sexual orientation.
    I still don't get it. Why create a ministry for that. I am sure an NGO can play that role if corruption were not an issue. This is causing financial loss to the state.

I still don't get it. Why create a ministry for that. I am sure an NGO can play that role if corruption were not an issue. This is causing financial loss to the state.
    MotherSucker THIS IS AFRICA

In case you ain't been back in a while, AIN'T NO EQUAL RIGHTS for women , even in Ghana.
    This ministry has done more to the prevent the mistreatment of the powerless and downtrodden than any wackass NGO

financial loss to the state? Try financial gain, what happens when you empower a woman who has been bashed about by her husband and kept isolated by her family? She learns a trade, leaves the cancer that is her home and finds a way to provide for herself n even get kids, perhaps reconciliation happens with the offending husband but not until he does the time for the wrong he inflicted on family.
    You save a child from trafficking YES GHANA HAD CHILD TRAFFICKING
    re unit them with the family or perhaps a family willing to care for the child, this ministry finds out the source of the problem and ninety percent of the time lack of resources of the mother lead her to give the child up. And why, because some idiot husband or lover failed to provide for his kid and in that case this goes after dead best dads.
    In a society that a man can say MIN FA to a lady he impregnates and abandons, this ministry brings balance back to our society.
    Don't even get me started in their effectiveness in catching pedophiles and bringing them to justice.
    I dare say this Ministry is bringing long lasting financial gain to the state by regulating the cancur in traditional Africa.
    Last edited by Fashion Yaa; 16th January 2013 at 05:41 AM.

MotherSucker THIS IS AFRICA

In case you ain't been back in a while, AIN'T NO EQUAL RIGHTS for women , even in Ghana.
    This ministry has done more to the prevent the mistreatment of the powerless and downtrodden than any wackass NGO

financial loss to the state? Try financial gain, what happens when you empower a woman who has been bashed about by her husband and kept isolated by her family? She learns a trade, leaves the cancer that is her home and finds a way to provide for herself n even get kids, perhaps reconciliation happens with the offending husband but not until he does the time for the wrong he inflicted on family.
    You save a child from trafficking YES GHANA HAD CHILD TRAFFICKING
    re unit them with the family or perhaps a family willing to care for the child, this ministry finds out the source of the problem and ninety percent of the time lack of resources of the mother lead her to give the child up. And why, because some idiot husband or lover failed to provide for his kid and in that case this goes after dead best dads.
    In a society that a man can say MIN FA to a lady he impregnates and abandons, this ministry brings balance back to our society.
    Don't even get me started in their effectiveness in catching pedophiles and bringing them to justice.
    I dare say this Ministry is bringing long lasting financial gain to the state by regulating the cancur in traditional Africa.
    Interesting!!! you have said alot but no substance. I see your point but the issue is whether this has any substance in a the ministry. Is just a means to an end for the Politicians. They create all these beautiful ministries and yet they perform jobs that an NGO can do. It is just a waste of resources to create such a ministry, when that could easily fall under another Ministry. The system is a scam, more like sakawa. It's irrelevant what the ministry has done till date. The country requires pragmatic measures that would create more jobs and not for people to struggle un-necessarily.

OPEN YOUR EYES......GHANA IS A SCAM...AFRICA IS A BIGGER SCAM.... BUT THE LEADERS ARE AUTHORIZED THIEVES.

You are a nimcumpoop! Buzz off and stay abroad, Africa dont need wannabes like you.

Did you know NGO are an even bigger scam?

Google NGO scam Africa, and see that unsteady foreigners using I'll gotten gained money to save Africans, Africans need to learn to save themselves.
    Interesting!!! you have said alot but no substance. I see your point but the issue is whether this has any substance in a the ministry. Is just a means to an end for the Politicians. They create all these beautiful ministries and yet they perform jobs that an NGO can do. It is just a waste of resources to create such a ministry, when that could easily fall under another Ministry. The system is a scam, more like sakawa. It's irrelevant what the ministryhas done till date. The country requires pragmatic measures that would create more jobs and not for people to struggle un-necessarily.

OPEN YOUR EYES......GHANA IS A SCAM...AFRICA IS A BIGGER SCAM.... BUT THE LEADERS ARE AUTHORIZED THIEVES.

You are a nimcumpoop! Buzz off and stay abroad, Africa dont need wannabes like you.

Did you know NGO are an even bigger scam?

Google NGO scam Africa, and see that unsteady foreigners using I'll gotten gained money to save Africans, Africans need to learn to save themselves.
    Well you are quick in calling names, but refuse to address issues. I do understand that scam come in different forms, this includes NGO, sacawa etc. However you may notice all the first ladies we'v had in Ghana have all run NGOs. I am not ignoring the fact that a scam exist in Ghana. ie. NGO but i don't believe is necessary for government to engage in corruption, in a sly way like that (creating ministries in the name of helping the ppl). Also note that living in abroad does not negate me from knowing or sharing my view about the issues facing Ghana. PLEASE DON'T BE A VICTIM OF IGNORANCE

Well you are quick in calling names, but refuse to address issues. I do understand that scam come in different forms, this includes NGO, sacawa etc. However you may notice all the first ladies we'v had in Ghana have all run NGOs. I am not ignoring the fact that a scam exist in Ghana. ie. NGO but i don't believe is necessary for government to engage in corruption, in a sly way like that (creating ministries in the name of helping the ppl). Also note that living in abroad does not negate me from knowing or sharing my view about the issues facing Ghana. PLEASE DON'T BE A VICTIM OF IGNORANCE
    Please show me proof of Financial loss this Ministry issuing?

My point has already been made about this ministry. I dont have time for symantics

Then all my insults still hold true, you are bush!
    Last edited by Fashion Yaa; 22nd January 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Here is a current
    Picture of the Human Rights Lawyer and now Minister of Gender Children and Social Protection Nana Oye Luther
    Last edited by Fashion Yaa; 22nd January 2013 at 08:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information