+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melcom disaster: Israeli rescuers arrive

Default Melcom disaster: Israeli rescuers arrive

Eight members of the 18-man team from Israel to help rescue any remaining survivors in the collapsed Melcom shopping mall disaster have arrived.

An unknown number of people got trapped when the five-story building collapsed at Achimota on Wednesday. Over 70 people have so far been pulled out of the rubble while nine are confirmed dead.

Joy News’ Elton John Brobbey, who is at the scene, reported that the foreign rescuers arrived with sniffer dogs.

President John Mahama announced upon his visit to the scene Wednesday that external help has been sought to boost rescue efforts.

A statement signed by the President’s Spokesperson, John Abdulai Jinapor, said an 18-man Israeli team will come and work in close collaboration with the detachment from the Field Engineers Regiment of the Ghana Army currently at the site.

Mr. Jinapor said the team will make an initial assessment of the site using special equipment and sniffer dogs that will help identify the locations of possible survivors or corpses.

He indicated that an additional team of about one hundred and fifty (150) with additional equipment including field hospitals, concrete cutters among others will move to Ghana should the initial assessment deems it necessary.

Default its good to have friends

Imagine if the AU had its own such team, Im talking like Rescuers trained in building collapse rescue, Helicopter Doctors n Nurses, Helicopter firefighters

It makes me wonder how safe Kaneshie market is for a fact I know its the largest in all west Africa

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

You may have a point in a West Africa or Africa rescue team, but i doubt if that will be effective. This makes you wonder if Black ppl can do anything positive for themselves.

It would have to be privately funded, the tax that would pay for such teams Im sure is more than AU nations per capita income

Yikes

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Well said, but that is issue with us as African. Talk-the-talk and unable to produce jack. I don't believe that idea will work practically. I however agree is perfect on paper.

Well I will declare myself ready to send in donations to a proposal such as this. Im tempted to write a letter to AU chief Zuma

DOTyaw in case you want to someday write them, see address below. Ill keep you posted if they respond

Her Excelency Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
    African Union Headquarters
    P.O. Box 3243 Roosvelt Street (Old Airport Area)
    W21K19 Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Tel: (251) 11 551 77 00 Fax251) 11 551 78 44 website:www.africa-union.org

This is the reply I got when I tried comtacting the AU by email
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists: chairperson@africa-union.org The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly. Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
    I guess Ill try snail mail

i can see you had a great response from them. My friend you are wasting your time, one thing you should note; our leaders are there for themselves and to serve their colonial masters. That, sadly, is the plight of the black man Africa.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information