View Poll Results: Is Technology Good or Bad?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

1 100.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Technology Good or Bad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Technology Good or Bad?

I just wanted to make a topic for people to share their views on the technology we gain throughout history. Do you think our gaining more technology is bad or do you think that the more technology we have the better we're off?
    Agent Provocateur

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

We are losing the human touch eg: reading a hand written letter you know, like the Brightness of this day... kinda letter lolol
    We throw our hands in the air in despair when we hear or come across car crashes caused by a motorist texting whiles driving,we go berserk when we lose our cellphones perhaps due to carelessness or otherwise because our lives basically dwells on our phones.
    We have sold our "birth right' to the computer,the computer thinks for us and so dictates to us what we as Human beings must do.

Technology is good but IMO the cons out weight the pros based on the fact that humans are gradually becoming numb to the things which make us humans,common sense has been thrown out the window and technology is king.Smartphones are getting smarter while human beings are getting dumber.

In "Phaedrus," the god Theuth boasted that his invention of writing would improve the wisdom of people compared with the oral tradition. King Thamus responded, "The discoverer of an art is not the best judge of the good or harm which will accrue to those who practice it."
    The risk is that people "will receive a quantity of information without proper instruction, and in consequence be thought very knowledgeable when they are for the most part quite ignorant."
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Virtuoso

it is good.We can start a long discussion about all ifs and buts regarding technology, butt in the end we can figure out that technics and technology are in most cases a benefit for human and human society. Technology is innocent, but human administrators are not. Bueraucracy the is the first and sole enemy for every human on earth. There is nothing more hostile to humans as you and me, than a person equipped with special rights as a government officer. Let us refuse to pay their monthy salaries! The hostile class is emplyoed by the state as long term contract officers with a claim to receive a pension - paid by you and me. So let us raise up as brave and honest men and stand up in one row ...

Virtuoso

Even the most worst robbers an bandits that ever attempted to steal my money are nil (=0) if compared with the government forces that attempted to steal my dignity, my freedom my will, my wealth and my labour force. They have already stolen years of my special labour, without compensation. My dignity. My research. I welcome robbers to my house, because they can't ever never steal what you have stolen - my state.

IPMCGhana

In a simple way! Latest technology is a boon for educated people however it is a headache for illiterate people.
    Latest technology has become our life very simple and introduce us many new things.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information