+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Reasons to Quit Your Coffee!

Default 10 Reasons to Quit Your Coffee!

Here are 10 reasons why:

The caffeine in coffee increases catecholamines, your stress hormones. The stress response elicits cortisol and increases insulin. Insulin increases inflammation, and this makes you feel lousy.
    Habituation to caffeine decreases insulin sensitivity, making it difficult for your cells to respond appropriately to blood sugar. High blood sugar levels lead to arterial deterioration and increased risk of mortality related to cardiovascular disease.
    Unfiltered coffee has the highest amount of beneficial antioxidants yet also leaks the most diterpenes into your system. These diterpenes have been linked to higher levels of triglycerides, LDL and VLDL levels.
    The helpful chlorogenic acids that may delay glucose absorption in the intestine have also been shown to increase homocysteine levels -- an indicator for increased risk of cardiovascular disease, which tends to be elevated in diabesity.
    The acidity of coffee is associated with digestive discomfort, indigestion, heart burn, GERD and dysbiosis (imbalances in your gut flora).
    Addiction is often an issue with coffee drinkers and makes it really difficult to rely on the body's natural source of energy. Ask any coffee drinker about how it feels to withdraw from coffee, and you will mistake their story for that of a drug addict's...
    Associative addictions trend with coffee -- who doesn't immediately think of warm, frothy sweet cream and sugar when they picture coffee? Surely the business of coffee has inspired a culture addicted to the sugary, fatty tastes of what has become more of a meal than a drink! That morning latte is the epitome of food lacking nutrition density yet packing energy!
    5-HIA, an organic acid and component of the neurotransmitter serotonin (the happy chemical) seen in the urine tends to be elevated in coffee drinkers, which means they may be at risk for lower levels of serotonin synthesis in the brain. Serotonin is necessary for normal sleep, bowel function, mood, and energy levels. It is a vicious cycle, as caffeine can disrupt sleep and promote anxiety and depression. We all know someone who tends to be tired, wired and over-caffeinated!
    Elevated urinary excretion of important minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium have been noted in coffee drinkers. An imbalance in your electrolyte status can lead to serious systemic complications.
    Constituents in coffee can interfere with normal drug metabolism and detoxification in the liver, making it difficult to regulate the normal detoxification process in the liver. Another issue to be aware of with coffee intake is how certain medications such as levothyroxine (thyroid) as well as tricyclic antidepressants are poorly absorbed, making symptoms curiously worse for patients.
    Now what... If you think you can't cut that coffee out, think again. I did it and now I want you to feel the same level of renewal and restoration I experienced.

It's a wise experiment to provide yourself a break from coffee intake and see what it feels like to live your life on your own fuel. Remove coffee and caffeine safely from your system and see how authentically energized you feel

source - Dr Hyman

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default 7 Great Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee

1. Cut the Pain
    Two cups of coffee can cut post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%. From the Journal of Pain, March 2007 (link).
    2.Increase your fiber intake
    A cup of brewed coffee represents a contribution of up to 1.8 grams of fiber of the recommended intake of 20-38 grams. From the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
    3 Protection against cirrhosis of the liver
    Of course you could just cut down on the alcohol intake. From the Archives of Internal Medicine.
    4. Lowered risk of Type 2 Diabetes
    Those who consumed 6 or more cups per day had a 22% lower risk of diabetes. From the Archives of Internal Medicine (
    5.Lowered risk of Alzheimerís disease
    There is considerable evidence that caffeine may protect against Alzheimerís disease. From the European Journal of Neurology.
    6.Reduces suicide risk
    10 year study of 86,000 female nurses show a reduced risk of suicide in the coffee drinkers. From the Archives of Internal Medicine.
    7.Protection against Parkinsonís
    People with Parkinsonís disease are less likely to be smokers and coffee drinkers than their healthy siblings. Just make sure you donít get lung cancer on the way. From the Archives of Neurology.

http://www.energyfiend.com/7-good-re...o-drink-coffee
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Two different ideas on the same page, I am little bit confused whether to favor coffee or to write something against it. Personally I don't use much coffee but use regular tea more. But honestly I am little bit on the favor of coffee, if it use up to a limit daily. Over use will be harmful indeed.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    Two different ideas on the same page, I am little bit confused whether to favor coffee or to write something against it. Personally I don't use much coffee but use regular tea more. But honestly I am little bit on the favor of coffee, if it use up to a limit daily. Over use will be harmful indeed.
    Why I favor drinking coffee, that is, drinking in moderation is based of the scientific research done about it's benefits.The post talking about the 8 reasons are backed by proof from very respectable authorities.I have been a lover of coffee since lord knows when and have had no issues in regards to having my 2 cups a day.

Like one of my mentors told me back in the day, even water can have adverse effects on you if not imbibed in moderation.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information