+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How do you relate to your "ex"'s?

  1. #1

    Default How do you relate to your "ex"'s?

    However a relationship may end either by a mutual consensus between both involved, through heartbreak, hurt or pain, we are bound to have ex-lovers or ex girlfriends or boyfriends, whichever you prefer to call them.

    How do we relate to these ex's?
    My thoughts are that you never know when you will need someone's help and so you dont have to severe ties but watch how you relate to them in other not to jeopardize your existing relationship.

    Is it advisable to still have them as friends or be on good terms with?

  2. #2
    Moderator syc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I think keeping them as friends is going a bit over the top, but then i do agree that at least some form of good relationship should exist. After all, we are all consenting adults and have come to the conclusion that this would not work. Sounds kinda childish that you should not be on some cordial terms with ya ex, but then again who am i to say. Some break ups can be very nasty, and some people.... well need to just grow up a lil bit more. Even if you think you might never need anything from that person, ... may not exactly be the case, there are after all seven degrees of separation.

  3. #3

    Default

    Sometimes it is, depending on the circumstances that led to the break-up. There are those i avoid because anytime we come around i gotta get me some just to be spiteful and don't return calls for seconds. But, i think it's nice to remain cordial, if only you can handle the next person he/she moves on to.

  4. #4

    Default

    Even if you think you might never need anything from that person, ... may not exactly be the case, there are after all seven degrees of separation.
    Syc, can you educate us on the seven degrees of separation? Thanks

  5. #5

    Default

    Syc & Jaida, to add to what you two said, I believe that indeed there should be a degree of cordiality between you and an ex based upon how the breakup came about. There is definitely no way, one can be nice to an ex especially when the breakup was nasty but if we broke up on easy terms we sure can be "nice" to each other because I may need your help some time to come.

    Personally, there have been instances where I have to get help from an ex because they were in the position to do so and I did hence I believe in keeping the communications between ex's open.

  6. #6
    BBoy T
    Guest

    Default

    I don't talk to the exes i broke up with. Those who broke up with me i still maintain contact with them.

  7. #7
    Moderator syc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Syc, can you educate us on the seven degrees of separation? Thanks
    As far as i can...

    Well its actually six degrees....((i prefer to keep exs a longer way off ))
    Its the idea that everyone is linked by at least six people. Kinda like a sort of tracing thing ~ we are all connected, so to say.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syc View Post
    As far as i can...

    Well its actually six degrees....((i prefer to keep exs a longer way off ))
    Its the idea that everyone is linked by at least six people. Kinda like a sort of tracing thing ~ we are all connected, so to say.
    Syc eerrmmm I dont really see how I am sort of connected to six people but anyways thanks for the education.

  9. #9
    Moderator syc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Syc eerrmmm I dont really see how I am sort of connected to six people but anyways thanks for the education.
    Hmm.. not really related to six people...
    You can look at it this way, you could know a friend, who knew a friend, who had a friend, whose parents had a friend (...ermm... just mixing it up )... who knew someone, who...(the bombshell ) knows Obama...yea yea... its just an idea, a trace with six people or less ~ tough luck for some of us. But that how it goes

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syc View Post
    Hmm.. not really related to six people...
    You can look at it this way, you could know a friend, who knew a friend, who had a friend, whose parents had a friend (...ermm... just mixing it up )... who knew someone, who...(the bombshell ) knows Obama...yea yea... its just an idea, a trace with six people or less ~ tough luck for some of us. But that how it goes

    Aight got u now.....thanks

  11. #11
    carpe diem
    Guest

    Default

    life must go on...just don't be paranoid if u see the ex with someone else, because that chance you loose is neva lost but it is taken by someone else....and it is always like this...life goes on.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    It all depends on how the break up went down. If I have some "unfinished business" with my ex, i sure will maintain contact. (pun intended)The most important thing is for one to be diplomatic in dealing with exes. Simply put don't be a sore loser and act like a jackass.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    It all depends on how the break up went down. If I have some "unfinished business" with my ex, i sure will maintain contact. (pun intended)The most important thing is for one to be diplomatic in dealing with exes. Simply put don't be a sore loser and act like a jackass.
    Hmm, mostX that's what ya'll do anyways. Wants to show off the new girl that looks like a rejected maid-servant...lol....ooooops, my baaaaaaaaaaaaad!

  14. #14

    Default

    useless thread by eunice ...... lololololol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    useless thread by eunice ...... lololololol
    Quophi....shame on you, useless thread & yet you commented......u want to be my Judas but I wont mind you. I refuse to enter 2011 battling words with you.....but I'll surely get you.......loooool

  16. #16
    Godfather Chapati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    useless thread by eunice ...... lololololol
    her kofi, u keep calling people's threads useless but have you posted any useful thread? mtseewwwwwww like you. better know how to comment next time. and u better leave that attitude for 2010 and enter 2011 a change person and be my man...........lollolo

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    life must go on...just don't be paranoid if u see the ex with someone else, because that chance you loose is neva lost but it is taken by someone else....and it is always like this...life goes on.
    Nice way of putting it...I guess looking at it from this angle will help one to move on.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    her kofi, u keep calling people's threads useless but have you posted any useful thread? mtseewwwwwww like you. better know how to comment next time. and u better leave that attitude for 2010 and enter 2011 a change person and be my man...........lollolo
    hmmm sis tell him oooo.....Quophi doesn't seem to have changed.....anyone seen changes in him yet cos me I haven't....he is still his same old crazy self....hehehehehe

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    It all depends on how the break up went down. If I have some "unfinished business" with my ex, i sure will maintain contact. (pun intended)The most important thing is for one to be diplomatic in dealing with exes. Simply put don't be a sore loser and act like a jackass.
    Hmmm cant this "unfinished business" be let go with no pun intended.....asem ooooooo.

    Some one has been telling me for years now that he has unfinished business with me......we both with our respective spouses and he still keeps saying it when we chance upon each other.....I just shake my head and laugh....He is still a good friend that I still have a lot of respect for though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •