+ Reply to Thread

Thread: was there any change????

Default was there any change????

"One of the greatest mistakes of the education in the past has been this, that it has taught the African to become European instead of remaining African. This is entirely wrong and the Government recognizes it. In future, our education will aim at making an African remain an African and taking interest in his own country."
    Sir Gordon Guggisberg, governor of the Gold Coast in 1920.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new". Albert Einstein

"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing". Socrates

Sac, very good post that really got me thinking. So right. Not much change. The most educated African looks down on the typical African (like me) cos they feel more Westernized with their Aristotelean logic.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

The african will look up instead of look within himself for inspiration.The african will copy replicate/duplicate instead of innovate.When will the african learn to appreciate,encourage or embrace his own ? Does the african realize his own potential or will the african remain a pawn in the europeans chess game ?
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

BBoy T

hmmm. smh

Hmm... and this was 1920....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information