+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Talking to Yourself Does Not Always Mean You Are Crazy

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Why Talking to Yourself Does Not Always Mean You Are Crazy

Self Talk is how you talk to yourself through out the day. It may be comprised of either positive or negative statements.

As a general rule, negative self talk is anything that puts you down or limits your actions,whiles positive self talk makes you feel good or motivates your actions. Self talk originates from your childhood after repeated exposure to certain words or phrases that were spoken by an adult authority figure.

Self Talk is actually your subconscious mind talking to you

Recognizing whether you use predominantly negative or positive self talk will give you a good indication of the type of programming you received as a child. This information can be used to identify and highlight limiting beliefs you may have been unaware of. Think of your self talk as your subconscious mind talking to you.

Positive self talk is extremely beneficial and will enhance the effects of future programming techniques. Once mastered,it will result in an attitude that anything is possible.

How do i master self talk ?

There is nothing complicated about this technique.The biggest step is to realize that the way you talk to yourself is important. If you are reading this, you have already taken the first step.

The next step is to identify the negative words or phrases you frequently repeat to yourself. This will take a week or longer, since you must let the words or phrases appear naturally because they will come directly from your subconscious mind.
    Once you have identified the negative words and phrases,replace them with positive statements.

This process provides you with an honest assessment of your subconscious mind thereby allowing you to identifying limiting beliefs. By becoming consciously aware of these beliefs,you are then able to modify the subconscious mind by replacing previously stored information(put in by someone else) with new information(put in by you).

Although this initially will require conscious effort,with practice it will become automatic and a habit. When this occurs it means you have successfully modified your subconscious mind.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Interesting post Pope. Thought i was mad always talking to myself, but now i know that can be channelled towards a positive experience. I will surely try this more often. Thanks for sharing

BBoy T

We have all been programmed with some serious bullshiiit by our parents and others from childhood. We need some serious re-programming.

Quote Originally Posted by BBoy T View Post
    We have all been programmed with some serious bullshiiit by our parents and others from childhood. We need some serious re-programming.
    T, you have no idea. I have been doing some serious psychological works most of my life and still have a long way to go since I was constantly bombarded with negative talk and insults and emotional abuse and fear and........and kinds of nonsense. Its been like building a sky scrapper using a wheel barrow with bricks.
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

Talking to yourself can and actually is very therapeutic..but if u talk to urself aloud it will raise some alarm by onlookers..Keep that in mind

I don't mean having a full blown loud convo with yourself whiles on the train or bus...lol

like-

self: how are you today ?
    self: I am fine
    self: we gon' get down tonite(giggles)
    self yeah, i'm getting some tonite
    etc...looooooooool

Deprogramming and re-programming ourselves by replacing those negative phrases imprinted on our subconscious mind is what i'm talking about. eg"you wont amount to nothing" "you are a failure" "you are a loser" etc
    Last edited by Quophi Aletse; 12th November 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: was quoting u and clicked on edit again...lol

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

lol pope u seem well versed in this blown out self to self convos though hehhehe..just teasing dear..i knew wat u meant

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    I don't mean having a full blown loud convo with yourself whiles on the train or bus...lol

like-

etc...looooooooool

Deprogramming and re-programming ourselves by replacing those negative phrases imprinted on our subconscious mind is what i'm talking about. eg"you wont amount to nothing" "you are a failure" "you are a loser" etc
    Lol, pope. I can see that you have a solid mastery of this. The deprogramming dimension you have attached to it gives a whole new meaning to soliloquy. I shall be practising all the technique.

LOL bro

well the aspects of ur being are always in communication with each other/themselves so in a sense u are always taking(communicating) to/with urself , but may not be consciously aware.

exploring ur definitions, core beliefs and concepts and replacing those that do not serve u with those that do will journey u into ur unconscious and bring an awareness to ur subconscious, u will start having a distinctive conversation with ur unconscious as the voice in ur head, about u -> fears, beliefs etc .....

ask urself internal questions (without any expectations of course)
    why do i do this repetitiously,
    what do i have to believe in in order do this particular thing
    does it serve me? ....
    if not, what do i prefer, how do i want to do things differently

etc etc etc......inquire about urself most definitely ............

u can also talk to ur body and listen to ur body to sensitize to its consciousness to the extend that it will literally tell u through resonance whether it wants a particular food or not, whether it resonates with a particular clothing or not, etc ......

introspection
    self awareness
    being aware that u are aware
    being aware that u are aware that u are aware
    being aware of the level that u are aware that u are aware.....
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post

like-

etc...looooooooool

exactly
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Bump!
    Agent Provocateur

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information