+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Massa threatened with jail over team orders

  1. #1
    Moderator syc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808

    Default Massa threatened with jail over team orders


    Formula One star Felipe Massa has been threatened with a six-year jail sentence if he allows Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso to overtake him in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

    Massa's (pictured, right) superstar status in his native Brazil was tarnished when he acceded to team orders to let Alonso (pictured, left) pass during the recent German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, an incident for which Ferrari were fined 65,000 for flagrant contravention of the ban on team orders.

    The 29-year-old Massa, who has no chance of winning the title himself, has stated openly that he would help his team-mate to secure the drivers' championship.

    But Paulo Castilho, a prosecutor in Brazil's Special Criminal Court, has told newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo that Massa will "leave Interlagos in handcuffs" should he let Alonso through, with the lawyer apparently ready to press charges of defrauding the Brazilian public under laws protecting the rights of fans to witness fair spectacles.

    Massa himself remained unapologetic about the prospect of having to give up a victory to help his team mate, even if he acknowledged how much it upsets fans.

    "For sure there are some people who understand it," he said. "They have the knowledge about this complicated sport when the team is in first position.

    "But there are some people who will never understand. The crowd have opposing views but I insist our work is not to understand the opinion of the crowd but to do the best on the track."



    Eurosport

  2. #2
    Bipolar Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,583

    Default

    Just finished watching the qualifying session for tomorrow, Massa didn't do well in Qualifying (he is starting 10th). My boy Lewis starting 4th. But it is going to be an interesting race tomorrow. Come ooooonnnnn Lewissssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Moderator syc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808

    Default Jenson Button unhurt after armed men threaten him



    Formula 1 champion Jenson Button has praised the quick actions of his police driver after gunmen threatened him in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

    Button called him a "legend" for fleeing through traffic after six men brandishing machine guns approached.

    Button, his father, manager and trainer, who all escaped unharmed, had just finished practice for Sunday Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

    Brazil's major cities have a bad record for serious crimes of violence.

    BBC Formula 1 commentator David Croft said the reigning world champion, who will start 11th on the grid on Sunday, reported seeing the men carrying machine guns approach his car.

    Our correspondent said: "As soon as he mentioned this to his driver, he fled from the scene, forcing his way through the busy traffic.

    Button, 30, who was in the reinforced armoured vehicle provided by McLaren with his father John, his manager Richard Goddard, trainer Mike Collier, had been returning to his hotel on Saturday.



    bbc

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •