+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Nigeria Chose Sampson Siasia As Coach of the Super Eagles

Default Why Nigeria Chose Sampson Siasia As Coach of the Super Eagles

Samson Siasia has finally emerged as the new coach of Nigeria as the technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation okayed his application for the job after a celebrated interview.

A member of the technical committee and former coach of the national team, Christian Chukwu told Sports Vanguard yesterday that, “we interviewed the two of them”, confronted them with the same questions and it was really close. However, at the end we found Siasia to have an edge over Keshi so we went for him.”

Chukwu would not be dragged into predicting whether Siasia’s tenure would bring a turn-around in the fortunes of Nigerian football. Ďt is not my place to say whether he can do the job or not, but we interviewed him and found him capable for the job. Whether or not he will succeed remains a matter for the future,”the former captain of the national team said.

Siasia who won the heart of Nigerians after winning silver in both the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2007 and another silver at the 2008 Olympics was said to have presented a more comprehensive programme which the NFF technical committee found irresistible.

Reacting to the appointment, Coach Paul Hamilton said, “like I told you before, the two of them are good but now that Siasia has been given the job, the NFF should give him all the support he needs. Money should not be an issue.

I congratulate him and his colleague, Stephen Keshi. As a senior member of the Nigerian football fraternity, I assure him of my cooperation. For Keshi, this does not mean the end of the world.”

Siasia the Super Eagles’ new chief Coach, will pocket the sum of N5 million (app. $50.000) as monthly salary just as he is free to pick two of his assistants. The Nigeria Football Federation would be responsible for their salary.
    Last edited by MegaMeister; 5th November 2010 at 05:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information