+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idris Elba's middle name is Akuna <please provide the meaning below

Default Idris Elba's middle name is Akuna <please provide the meaning below

I just purchased the magazine article covering the current state of my future husband, Idris Elba =)(me nya papa)
    ----------------

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF Akuna?

----------------
    In anycase as you know he has a Ghanaian mother and a Sierra Leonean father but is a British national cuz that is his birthplace.

The article revealed that his middle name is "Akuna", I could not help but think that surely this is the male version of Akuma Mama Zimbid's first name Akuma.....
    I know Akuma Mama Zimbid did a singing special in Krobo a while back but Im not gonna use that to assume this is her tribal identity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idris.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	693  

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    I just purchased the magazine article covering the current state of my future husband, Idris Elba =)(me nya papa)
    ----------------

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF Akuna?

----------------
    In anycase as you know he has a Ghanaian mother and a Sierra Leonean father but is a British national cuz that is his birthplace.

The article revealed that his middle name is "Akuna", I could not help but think that surely this is the male version of Akuma Mama Zimbid's first name Akuma.....
    I know Akuma Mama Zimbid did a singing special in Krobo a while back but Im not gonna use that to assume this is her tribal identity.
    Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

Could it be be a derivative of the Spanish ACUNA ? The last name ELBA also has a Spanish air around it.

This link has some interesting notes too http://www.ancientfaces.com/research...nd-family-tree

i hope it helps.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 20th June 2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Yes it helps a lot, to know<-----thats deep. Ill browse the site

QUOTE=Pope Bitterz D'Alomo;36229]Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

Could it be be a derivative of the Spanish ACUNA ? The last name ELBA also has a Spanish air around it.

This link has some interesting notes too http://www.ancientfaces.com/research...nd-family-tree

i hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Yes it helps a lot, to know<-----thats deep. Ill browse the site

QUOTE=Pope Bitterz D'Alomo;36229]Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

i hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

The spanish name is actually ALBA

I was thinking its short for El Ba???(something something) cuz I lnow Sierra Leone has a huge Bambara and Muslim pooulation. But for suee Akuna is a Ghanaian name, I believe it means Uncle but I could be wrong

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information